Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm considering parting my car and one thing I was considering is swapping back in a stock manual transmission ecu in leu of the chipped P72 ecu with hondata S200.

I did the auto->5spd swap 2 years ago and I want to know if by doing this would I encounter any issues?

If there will be ill consequences, then I'll just leave things the way they are...

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
?

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
Other than the P72 has the knock board for a B18. This is dealt with by disabling the knock or having the board swapped with a P13.

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure if I understand your answer or if you didn't understand my question.

I'm currently running a chipped P72 ecu with hondata S200. I want to remove it and re-install a stock manual transmission ecu.

Because I did the auto->5spd swap, I want to know if by doing this would I encounter any issues?

·
Pimp Member
3,949 Posts
if you still have your Auto ECU, you can have it changed to a 5spd by simply moving a resistor. There's a write-up on H-T on which resistor needs to be moved. Reason being is cause you need the immobilizer system from the ECU to match your key.

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
^Or you can leave the TCM connected

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't have my auto ECU anymore. So I presume that any old 5spd ecu won't work since I need to restore the immobilizer system if I revert the car back to stock.

Looks like my only option is to keep the P72 ecu with hondata. Blah...

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
^Or get a P13 from someone

1 - 8 of 8 Posts