Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Can anyone point me in the direction of the pinouts for the above?

The H22 is coming soon and I could do with it asap.

Dave

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Dave,

All OBDI Hondas use the same pinout diagram for the ECU (all Preludes, civics, integras, accords. . .ALL OBDI hondas!). This only means the connectors going into the ECU are shapped the same, and that the wire locations are the same.

This does NOT, however, imply that all OBDI hondas actually HAVE all these wires .Example: the ECU plug on my F22 harness did NOT have WIRING for the knock sensor, but the empty hole on the plug is there (in location D3, in this case). Here is the pinout schematic for OBDI cars, I dunno which wires in particular you have questions about, but let me know and I can get you the color/location of them:

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
actually, the f series (I only specifically know of the F22A1) isn't the same as the H series ECU clips.

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
prelude styl said:
actually, the f series (I only specifically know of the F22A1) isn't the same as the H series ECU clips.
Yes, they are. The wiring harness from my F22a1 engine pluged directly into my H22 ECU. My friends GSR ECU also plugs directly into my wiring harness.

Ds2000 is in the early stages of an H22 swap. He is from the UK (look at his avatar), where they apparently offered a 2.0L SOHC motor in the 4th gen (confirmed by UK VTEC):
http://www.preludeonline.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=114909&highlight=f20a

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, yes the engine is an F20A SOHC 135BHP Model.

Thanks Red92S that is an invaluable bit of info on the wiring harness. Much appreciated!!

Thanks again!

Dave

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Well, my previous Prelude, a 92 S, didn't have the same ECU clips as an P13 ECU. Maybe mine was different, I dunno. I'm not arguing, I'm just saying, that's how mine was.

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
prelude styl said:
Well, my previous Prelude, a 92 S, didn't have the same ECU clips as an P13 ECU. Maybe mine was different, I dunno. I'm not arguing, I'm just saying, that's how mine was.
The plugs sgould be the same size and shape, even if all the wires were not in place on your S harness. Maybe your car is just a freak of nature?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmmm mines P11 not P13, I've got the engine now so I'll have to whip the old ECU out and make sure the connectors are ok, I imagine that they will be identical as red92s says :D

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yep, sat is the big day. Do you know where I can find a Haynes guide, I've looked everywhere and can't see one :(

If I can't find it then I'm going to be put back a bit :(

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Over here in the states, pretty much every auto parts store sells the entire line of Haynes manuals for $15 each. The dealer service manual (Helm's manual) can be purchused from www.helminc.com for about $60. There is a less-comprehensive online version available at:
http://icelord.net/honda/repair/

If you need any SPECIFIC parts of the service manual, let me know and I can scan them (the entire thing is 1000+ pages, but engine removal is only 11 or so).

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Certainly do :)

Prolly get my buddy to have one as well n share postage, Tim if you lived nearer matey I'd be over with a large crate of beer for you! :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
heh, I'm not even old enough to drink legally in the US.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts