Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just talked to a friend that works for DC sports.. and he had two preludes 4th and 5th i think he sold the 4th gen. plus he has audi A4 chipped/turbo. He was telling me with the prelude 4th and 5th i think.. but mostly speaking about 5th gen that he had basic bolt ons plus vafc, but he had type -s cams and had his head ported by this guy I forgot the name but he is suppose to be the GOD in this field.. it cost him 2400 for the head alone.. but he got the car dynoed and he said it was in low 13's and to the wheel producing 230-240 hp. ill try to find out the name of the guy that did the work its in southern califonia.

ill probably go the same route as him and see if it produces this result. since the other setup are not producing nearly as much.

does anyone know of someone that does this good of work on heads that charge that much?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
not low 13s i meant 13's

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
those numbers are high....i wont believe it or anything close to it unless i see a dyno

·
Convicted GSR Rapist
1,512 Posts
Yea i'm smelling the :bsflags: ... i dont think 230~ would get you into low 13s anyways ... The _ONLY_ way this could be, is if he had some other secrets in there. Maybe some giggle gas, maybe some a mad agressive p&p with full port matching for the whole intake region...

Ask to see the dyno chart. If you hear anything along the lines of "i dont have it anymore" "its at home" "i lost it moving" "ill look for it" instantly throw up the bsflag (that would be funny to see in reali life ... someone posting a bsflag in a business.) and go back to your turbo dreams :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah well hes not a poor college student. he works for DC sports has like four cars now he drives the turbo chipped A4.. He had the basic bolt ons vafc.. but he said what made the biggest difference was the cams and the engine work port polish what ever they did he spent 2400 on just the porting polishing alone!.
The guy that worked on the engine is suppost to be the BEST i guess.. ill try to find out more info and see what else he did but i know it wasnt nitrous etc.. it was NA.

and wouldnt 230-240 to the wheel get you into the 13's... isnt that what jrsc/turbos put out and i thought a lot of those guys are getting 13's.. even the guys with 75 shot NOS are getting like 200 something to the wheel and they are hitting 13 like JNKOH
if im not mistaken
so 230 NA should get 13's too right?

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i read the thread above the guy claimed 45 gain and his engine work only cost 1400 this guy charged 2400 almost double.. because his work is that good ill find out more from him .. i just met his the other day.. he is a good friend of my good friend.

I beat his A4 by the way.. his turbo wasnt running right i guess.
i have AEM, pulleys, dc cc heaer, apexi ws, air ram, msd ignition, no back seat, no spare tire.. 17 inch tire this setup is pretty quick for me so far.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
so the s2k does 13s then, according to this

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no because im talking about 230 WHEEL horse power not crank.

and the s2000 does low 14's, i know it isn't 230 wheel horse power theres a difference

·
Offtrack excursion expert
6,762 Posts
Yeah... maybe he does work for DC Sports, but 230 whp is damn hard N/A. Figure bolt-ons tuned give you ~180whp. Thats 50whp from head work? I don't think thats possible, or everyone would do that because its hella more reliable and cheaper when compared to turbo'd/supercharged.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah ill try to get a hold of him.. i only met him once recently.. hes part of the audi group now... but ill see if he has any dynos or time slips...

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was just excited to hear that he got so much hp... but i know that is just words...

he just told me that your engine work needs to be done by people who know what they are doing so thats why he pain 2400 for engine work port/polish etc..
ill probably go the same route he did and see if i get similar gains..

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
i say BS, but i do believe 230whp will get you mid 13s on 5th gen, possibly low 13s with slicks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts