Honda Prelude Online banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
To be an Admin means to be honest and tolerant. If that happened, I wouldn't ban you.

That's why you didn't get in trouble. It was just a bad day, bro. It's alright.

And no, I probably would be let on the "Admin wagon" even if I begged.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
To be an Admin means to be honest and tolerant. If that happened, I wouldn't ban you.

That's why you didn't get in trouble. It was just a bad day, bro. It's alright.

And no, I probably would be let on the "Admin wagon" even if I begged.
Very bad day pIERCE :cry:

But hey I still have a Honda Prelude S Spec :bigthumb: Which I love so much. If we all had to pay I would have payed a while back. Things were always better in the past but never in the future. In time things only get worse in this world.

BTW did you rotate your tyres back hehehe.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
And at that time, the internet was really taking off and car forums became more abundant for every make and model it seemed. So naturally, conglomerated advertising companies saw this trend and decided to cash in on it, and the owner of this site (Malken) was probably made an offer that was too good to turn down (apparently in the neighborhood of $70,000)
preludeonline.com Estimated Worth $17636.8 USD by websiteoutlook

this link says PO's estimated worth is ~17.6k daily ads revenue is $24.16

is that link bs or has the site value dropped drasticaly?

·
street racing instructor
3,384 Posts
preludeonline.com Estimated Worth $17636.8 USD by websiteoutlook

this link says PO's estimated worth is ~17.6k daily ads revenue is $24.16

is that link bs or has the site value dropped drasticaly?
Back when Dan (malken00) sold the site, I and several other OG members used some of the web calculators to estimate how much he made on the sale. I want to say it was at least $25-35k I think. It's possible he got even more for the site. Nobody knows how much, and it's been a quite an underground discussion for years now. Nobody knows the actual number except Dan.

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,144 Posts
Someone got this bored?
why care....?
Someone gets this bored once or twice a year. So it's obviously something people want to know about.

And as Artifex said....it's quite an "underground discussion", mainly between the older members (as yourself, maybe)....so I guess the OG's have been bored for years.:shrug:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Who is Mattleegee? Is he the coon?
Nah man, just a long time listner and first time caller

you're bored enough to care why they care?
About to buy my 4th lude as a secondary car and wanted to get some research on the 5th gens and this topic applied was stuck in the 5th section

·
Administrator
400 Posts
Thank you Ludesh for the info. Cool to know but I wonder who owns the site and how do people become admins.
Well now you know Autoforums owns the site and to become an admin goes the old fashioned way. When people want to help out and there is a need we look to the existing team to suggest new leaders. I am always open to add mods if necessary. Tannie and the guys do a good job IMO and that is why I leave them alone for the most part.

Kraser, you need to understand that's all they are doing with this site, that is it's sole purpose now---making money. It used to be ran for Prelude fans and the members in general; now it's for money.
To a certain point you are correct, but it is not the sole purpose of the site. We are all enthusiasts who work for the company as it started small and is growing with more and more people like the ones who started this off. We love cars and want resources to be available to anyone who is cut from the same mold and wants to modify or just keep their cars in good shape. We hire our own in this company. We all wouldn't get along if we didn't.

About who owns it? Autoforums.com. They own many many automotive forums(go figure), and they have employees that they pay just like any other job, to admin for a site, or maybe even multiple sites.
We were all on forums and into cars way before we started here. It is still run by enthusiasts. I am just not on the site as much as a traditional admin but do still read threads and answer tech questions when I can. You are right though, I do run multiple sites.

You used to become an admin by being given the power by the owner or other admin from the site, I would presume. But now, you probably need to be an employee of autoforums.com, and they will give you the position.
Nope you don't need to be an employee, just have a love for the cars and the site itself. As I said above, we like to work with others that are like us. The current staff is great and if they need help, I am ready to help them build the team they want running the site.

Nadeem

·
The Cheeze
1,704 Posts
Didn't those come off of TireRack's wheel, tire, and suspension preview application?
huh?

no, like I said above, I made them in Illustrator. There are a few other people on this board i made them for, including a Maxima and GTI.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Oh, cool. TireRack used to (maybe they still do) have a web app on their site that allows you to select your car model and color so you can preview what your setup will look like. Your image looks very similar to those, so I just assumed. I wasn't trying to insult you - it's great work.

EDIT: Yes, they still do.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts