Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving home tonight and the green maintenance light turned orange/yellow. what does the orange light mean? do i have to take it to the shop soon? any ideas? i'm too lazy to go check the manual rite now. thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
It just means that your car needs Maintenance, usually an oil change. If you change your own oil then just do it and then take your key and stick it into that little rubber thingy by the Indicator mark. That will reset it and make it green again.

·
Registered
181 Posts
read your owners manual, it means its time for maintenance, nothing to worry about!

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
one more question...could anything else be wrong? because i had the oil changed only about 2k miles ago...thanks for the help guys:bigthumb:

·
I want to be a raper
2,766 Posts
Same with mine...it's been on for like two months now.

I think the dealership forgot to reset it when we took it in for servicing. Doesn't matter, it won't affect the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nothing is wrong with your car, that is just an indicator that your car needs maintenance. just reset it yourself with the key. If your car has a lot of miles on it already it could be a warning to check Air filter, spark plugs, wires, etc. But if not then theres nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
233 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong, but i always thought that the maintenance light was just connected to your odometer and even if NOTHING was wrong with it, it will slowly start to turn orange, then red at every 15,000 miles from the last reset. The only light that i dread seeing is the "check engine" light, and i only saw that when my O2 sensor was messed up. I also saw the red "brake" warning light blink because my brake pads were getting low.

·
Registered
83 Posts
H22A VTEC said:
correct me if i'm wrong, but i always thought that the maintenance light was just connected to your odometer and even if NOTHING was wrong with it, it will slowly start to turn orange, then red at every 15,000 miles from the last reset. The only light that i dread seeing is the "check engine" light, and i only saw that when my O2 sensor was messed up. I also saw the red "brake" warning light blink because my brake pads were getting low.
yup... that's what I thought too... at different mileage intervals after the reset, the indicator changes color from green to orange, then to red.

but, does anyone know when does it actually change? btw, mine is in km...

·
>> Tragedy For You <<
725 Posts
Yeah, the maintenance light is just connected to the odometer.. it's not getting any information whatsoever from the engine.. it's pretty much just an "idiot light" for the average joe who forgets to do oil changes and stuff. Not really needed for folks like us.. :D If it annoys you just put your key in the slot next to it and it will go back to green.. :)

It turns yellow at like 7,500 miles from the last time it was reset and red at like 15,000 like H22A VTEC said..

·
Cradle Robber
565 Posts
YVR_98Prelude said:

I was beginning to lose hope that some people don't know where their glove box is....
Well said.
The what box?

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
i don't think the orange indicator changes at 7500 miles...mine changed around 5900..from green to red.

And i need to take it in for an oil change so they will do the service at that time for me.:D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts