Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

I'm always skeptical when buying these miracle in a bottle deals.

Has anyone ever used and had success with Mothers Powerball Headlight Restorer? My headlights are fine but wouldn't mind removing some yellowish...haze off my front turn signals.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Mothers-PowerBall-4Lights-Headlight-Restoration/dp/B00341MIAW[/ame]

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have used it and while it is a decent product I strongly urge you to head over to oreillys and grab a 3m headlights restoration kit for around twenty bucks. I have experience with both products and 3m has my vote

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have used it and while it is a decent product I strongly urge you to head over to oreillys and grab a 3m headlights restoration kit for around twenty bucks. I have experience with both products and 3m has my vote
Thanks! Any particular reasons why you prefer the 3m?

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
The best thing is just using wet sand paper in multiple stages followed by a plastic polish. I have used a kit once and the $10 turtle wax kit worked really well since it came with 4 wet sanding pads an polish. Every other time I wash the car I keep using the polish that came with the turtle wax kit and the headlights are crystal clear.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
I've always been curious as what would be the best thing to clear them with, I have just been polishing them with the turtle wax lens clarifying wax to keep them clear.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I have used the sanding method, but apparently they all eventually start to haze again after only a year or so.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all for your input and advice!

Thanks to your input, I think I'll just buy new "OEM" turn signals. I've seen some go for about $30-$40. Since these kits run from $20-$30, I think I can now justify the extra $10-$15 by not having to do all the labor. And not to mention risk gashing up my front bumper with sand paper!

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
https://www.ducora.com/TOPCOAT/TOPCOAT.htm

This is the best thing to seal the headlights with, also works well as an all around wax/sealant except unlike most car wax it can be used on plastic or unpainted surfaces, even glass, it'll work like rain-x on glass. Best way to describe it is it has a thin milky appearance much like a water based urethane, keeps my rubber trim like whats around the quarter glass jet black and soft.

If you don't take care of headlights they will haze, stay away from any sort of coating as it will just yellow, this stuff is more like a wax. Made local to me and the guy who did all my body work recommended it especially to keep the rubber around the quater glass from getting ashy, dry and curling back like most do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts