Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would just like to get the opinions of you 4th geners. I hope to get a little more advice here than any other forum. I'm toying with the idea of new rims and I want these to be the final rims I ever purchase for the car.

I've been thinking of gunmetal with a polished lip but there aren't many choices out there. I found a set from ADR that I kind of like but I'm not sure.

What do you guys think. Any other suggestions are more than welcomed! I'll also be going up to 19's so keep that in mind, the wheels have to be offered in 19's.

If I decide to do this then my rims will be for sale. 500 miles on them, rubber still smells new.

Here is what she looks like now

And here is what she looks like with the help of Photoshop.

Thanks for any help in this difficult decision!

Mark

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, the first pic are the rims I already have and is exactly how the car looks sitting in the garage.

Any other ideas for rim choices?

Mark

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mark, dark rims just don't do justice to a red Lude and in particular yours. Somehow a silver six or seven spoke just looks the total max for you. The dark rims look like a black eye to me, vry good on a dark Lude though, but not a red one.

·
ANGER IS A GIFT!
8,239 Posts
I am a sucker for 19s, gunmetal, and a polished lip. :bigthumb:

The photoshop sure gives your car a mean look.

I guess I would be swayed by the amount of rubber you wrap it in. What size tires are you thinking about? What are you gonna do about rubbing issues? As I'm sure you will have them.

ps - You have PM :)

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
great photoshop...i am still deciding if i think its real or not haha but i am not sure about the 2nd rims...i know you are probally bored of the rims you have now and want new ones but your car is so clean, i think darker cooler will draw to much attention...kinda like white rims on a black car

·
Registered
496 Posts
Unfortunately for myself, I could not be able to pick a set of rims that would be my LAST set cuz theres always new ones coming out. If you are looking for something like that, go with something that wont go out of style and something rare. That way, you will continually get compliments on them and they won't get played out, esp by imitation ones.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Mark... i use to have nearly the same setup as you as far as exterior goes and i was looking for new rims as well.... my suggestion is to check out Axis Se7en MOD ... its sweet and not so expensive. You could possibly put 19s if you want and it'll have a sweet lip!

That's my 2 centz.

Good Luck

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Wow, a lot of suggestions guys. THANKS!

I'll try to answer all the questions.

Machine - those are very nice rims but I want to try and find a 19 X 7.5" rim to avoid any rubbing issues. I have no problems with my 18's and I think if I stuck with a 19 X 7.5" and 215/35 tires I wouldn't have issues either since I'm not tremendously dropped.

Andy, I answered your question above. Those are nice wheels also but are 19 X 8.5" I think it would be a nightmare with those. Replied to your PM :)

Mike95 - I agree, the darker rims are definitely a different look. The rims I have now are more classic (being silver) and the darker rims give it more of a racing look. I just have to decide what I'm looking for.

Z - thanks for the suggestion. I checked out wheelmax and the se7en MOD is not shown. I'll do a little research on that rim later in the day. BTW: how is your lude coming along? I remember about a year ago we were basically twins but you decided to change almost the whole car.

Scalifludesi - thanks, I appreciate the compliment!

92 Ludester - thanks for the compliment on the photoshop. I was trained in graphic programs being a graphic designer so it is like second nature to me. Again, it goes back to what look I'm going for, the agressive/racing or the clean and classic. :confused:

cleanlude - it is going to be hard to find something to live with for the time that I have the car, but I'm going to try. Basically I started with 17's then 18's and now I want 19's. 19's are basically the largest I can go without a decent amount of modification so I'll know that I'm at the limit and won't crave anything else. I agree whatever I choose it should be classic but still rare.

LUDE'Z - I'm confused, the photoshoped pic is a gunmetal ADR rim with a polished lip.

Alex, I love the rims that you are putting on your car - such a beautiful lip and this would be the clean yet rare look that may keep me satisfied. Do you know if they are offered in a 19 X 7.5" wheel and about how much they would run me? I don't care how long they take to get to me. I'd wait a decade for them!

Charlie - I had those splitters made just like Shadow did. I've had them sitting in my garage for a while now and finally decided to prep, paint and install them over the past weekend. Thanks........I think they look pretty good too plus they will protect the paint on my bumper because I scraped for the first time since I had the work done on the car not too long ago.

Thanks again fellas. I appreciate the help!

Off to do research on the GTP's and the se7en MOD.

Mark

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.