Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not planning on doing a custom color just yet, but the middle car is one that I've considered. I just love that McLaren Orange!

fyi, the 91 Civic Si that's also in the stable is a candidate for this color long before the Lude sees the paint booth.

[This message has been edited by Mr Ludecrs (edited April 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
*drooling over pics*... huh? what did u say? aaahhh mmc laaareeenssss..

·
Registered
419 Posts
i love the '91 civic Si... my friend's was totalled because a truck backed into him and ruined his radiator, hood, and bent the chassis.. moment of silence please.

------------------
-Eric
97 Nordic Mist Prelude

while i go take more.. "pleasing" pictures you'll just have to deal with this one. now wheres that dig. cam?

·
Registered
419 Posts
oh and i like the orange mclauren as well.. i'll need to see it photoshopped onto a '91 civic si and a 5th gen lude though. i'll do it when i have the time.. but i'm still working on my history project

------------------
-Eric
97 Nordic Mist Prelude

while i go take more.. "pleasing" pictures you'll just have to deal with this one. now wheres that dig. cam?

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by etherealude:
oh and i like the orange mclauren as well.. i'll need to see it photoshopped onto a '91 civic si and a 5th gen lude though. i'll do it when i have the time.. but i'm still working on my history project

</font>
Man you gotta post photoshop pics of a 5gen in that orange! PLEASE!

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, if someone can photoshop that color, that would be great. I don't have a good photo editing program and don't have the skilz either.
oooh, orange would be a cop magnet.
You could see the car from miles away.

[This message has been edited by Mr Ludecrs (edited April 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mr Ludecrs:
Yes, if someone can photoshop that color, that would be great. I don't have a good photo editing program and don't have the skilz either.
oooh, orange would be a cop magnet.
You could see the car from miles away.
</font>
That would be more than just a cop magnet it would be a eye magnet everyone would be starin' at your lude!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
This is the dilema I'm in now. I'm ready to get my 5gen painted right now but I can't decide what color. I have the Mugen kit to put on when it gets painted. I was thinking S2000 silver but I don't know. I'd like to have something eye catching but not too loud. I'm planning on getting gunmetal wheels and a carbon fiber hood regardless what color I paint the car. What do you all think? Throw some color choices out there!

[This message has been edited by BottleFedLude (edited April 03, 2001).]

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
i don't think that orange will work on a 5th gen... the lines aren't right and the body is a bit too "bulky." go take a look at the colors that come on a CLK or the new M3; that should give you a range of nice but relatively restrained colors. the s2k gunmetal would look pretty hot i think, as would any of the really dark blues that you see from time to time on audis and bmws. on the other hand, once you throw that CF hood on it's going to clash like a mofo with almost any real color (as opposed to white or black.)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BottleFedLude:
This is the dilema I'm in now. I'm ready to get my 5gen right now but I can't decide what color. I have the Mugen kit to put on when it gets painted. I was thinking S2000 silvber but I don't know. I'd like to have something eye catching but not too loud. I'm planning on getting gunmetal wheels and a carbon fiber hood regardless what color I paint the car. What do you all think? Throw some color choices out there!</font>

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
i don't think that orange will work on a 5th gen... the lines aren't right and the body is a bit too "bulky." go take a look at the colors that come on a CLK or the new M3; that should give you a range of nice but relatively restrained colors. the s2k gunmetal would look pretty hot i think, as would any of the really dark blues that you see from time to time on audis and bmws. on the other hand, once you throw that CF hood on it's going to clash like a mofo with almost any real color (as opposed to white or black.)

</font>
In my opinion I think a carbon fiber hood looks best on silver cars. Thats why I was thinking S2000 silver. They also look really good on white.

·
Registered
235 Posts
CF Hood would look sweet on a Silver car but I've seen pictures of it (I think on this board) on a white lude and it looks pretty sweet as well.

I agree with schwett, anything too bright and you'll have much too much contrast

------------------
SlntSam

2000 Base, Sebring Silver
Member - Toronto Prelude Club

"The General" :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I never said I was gonna paint my lude that orange, I wouldn't even consider it! The only reason I asked to see it photoshopped is just to see what it would look like on a lude as opposed to a McLaren. I'm thinking the S2000 would probably be the best bet for the gunmetal/carbon fiber look.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts