Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
white rims on black car =

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by floundericiousFL:
you know...I've often thought...with MALKEN being an Admin...a castrated two-legged hampster with a learning disability could run this place better...</font>

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
They're nice rims, but they only come in the 5 bolt pattern in the 18 inch rim...the 17 inch has a 4 bolt pattern. These rims look great, but i don't feel that they're practical on the prelude....trust me i have the 18s now. 1. 18s are always a liability for preludes...depends on whether or not you want performance or looks. for performance an 18 inch rim with 215/35 tires are smaller than stock spec and 225/35 are larger than stock spec...either way a minus in the performance column. 2. These rims are not that strong, they bend easily...i've been very careful with mine and one rim has already 'egged'...i wobble at 80mph. If you are purely show and no go, then these rims are perfect...however, if your lude is a daily driver/weekend warrior, you should be looking into 17s. Granted these rims are very affordable at less than $300/rim, but you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I posted a pic of the bronze CP-10 last week. They are extremely dark. I would never consider putting them on a black car.

I can't find the other one... just do a search for it, but here's a second pic to give you an idea.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by baked:
I posted a pic of the bronze CP-10 last week. They are extremely dark. I would never consider putting them on a black car.

I can't find the other one... just do a search for it, but here's a second pic to give you an idea.
</font>
You can't even make out the wheels.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was planning on getting them in white and then getting them powdercoated a dark gunmetal when I get my car repainted, possibly S2000 silver. Its black now. I think black cars look pretty good with white wheels. But I'm thinking it would be a watse of money to spend the money on wheels and them have them painted over. I'm confused.
I want wheels!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've seen white rims on a black car. My friend has a Civic EX 4 door, he's got it slammed and he's got Rota's on them. They're 17" white fivestar type rims and they look sweet! I think the rims make that car. The spokes are white and the rest of it is silver. If I had a pic of this guys car I'd post it but unfortunately I do not.

But..white rims CAN work on a black car.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Actually if you're interested...I could take a quick picture and send it off to you. The rims don't look like the ones you wanna get but you'll get to see white rims on a black car?

I dunno, sup to you

------------------
SlntSam

2000 Base, Sebring Silver
Member - Toronto Prelude Club

"The General" :)

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've seen white rims on a black car. My friend has the Kosei K1's in white on his black civic SI. It does look good.

·
Registered
235 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:

hahaha I get it now....."The General" as in the General Lee hence the "01"....nice!

</font>
Everything but the Dixie flag.

------------------
SlntSam

2000 Base, Sebring Silver
Member - Toronto Prelude Club

"The General" :)

·
Registered
662 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by baked:

</font>
Hey Baked! that pic would've made my white
rim look black. Overbaked pic.. KC

·
Registered
662 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoothludey:
I think the bronze cp-10s look fine on black ludes...
</font>
I dunno may be it's just me but I think
dark wheel on dark car is just too Darth
Vaderish.

Check out some other color.. like poweder
coated yellow or someth'n.. nah.
Silver? silver on black?
shiet, can't make up my mind.
forget what i said.

KC

·
Registered
951 Posts
That's kinda my point... they're so dark you can't really see any detail. I know this rim thing is very subjective, and I dont' want to hurt anyone's feelings... but you would have to buy the rims for me and pay me several thousand dollars to put those wheels on my car... and if I had a black car you'd need even more money.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
It's something that grows on you like the 5gen...how many people liked it when it first came out? The same is with my wheels...my friends thought i was on crack for getting them, but now after a month they're starting to like them. It's true that the detail is hard to make out at night, but in the daytime it looks really cool...besides, they don't have that much detail to them to begin with.

------------------
1998 Flamenco Black Pearl
Neuspeed Short Shift Adapter
Neuspeed N2 CC Headers
Greddy Evo Exhaust
AEM Cold Air Intake
18x7.5 RH EVO CP-10s
225/35/18 Bridgestone S-02s
Random Technology High Flow Cat
Neuspeed Front Strut Tie Bar

1 - 20 of 20 Posts