Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the real Mugen front, are the brushed aluminum pieces separate from the bumper(especially the on in the grill area where there's a "mugen" emblem)? I would imagine that they would be, but I'm beginning to think that they're not now.

On the replicas is everything one piece?

thanks in advance.

------------------

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks placid, how much extra was it to paint it differently?? I didn't know you could paint aluminum on....=T..

how does that work?

·
Registered
957 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jtown:
anyone with the real mugen out there?</font>
no I don't have the real mugen front, but in response to your question on "my new pics" post, my VIS mugen front really fit decent and we didn't have to modify it at all. I guess I got lucky. For the turns/fogs, we had to cut two holes in the bottom for the JDM fogs, and then a notch in the side for the turn signal. If you look at those digital pics that James Chan posted the other day, you'll see how he modifyed that mugen bumper in his garage.

·
is my chassis stil stiff?
1,720 Posts
You also need to make brackets to hold the JDM lights and signal lights in place. I have a short quicktime movie of a walk around the car of the kit I installed if you want.

Once again, digital cameras are fun

·
is my chassis stil stiff?
1,720 Posts
Oh...and also I maybe ordering in the real Mugen bumper for evaluation next month. I'll post some pic's then, and we can finally figure out if those silver pieces are metal or not.

------------------

[email protected]

·
Registered
295 Posts
the aluminum grill is a seperate piece and held onto the bumper by 2 bolts or 4 bolts if u put on the mugen emblem. the turn signals are not aluminum, u paint it.
oh yeah the kit comes with a ton of bolts and brackets so you dont have to do any mods.
ive taken my car over 100 and im happy to say the kit didnt fly off. the 3 bolts that hold the bumper to the bottom of the car really makes a difference.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver
Mugen Body Kit

[This message has been edited by risin (edited April 12, 2001).]

·
Registered
210 Posts
placid, nice mugen rep front, it looks really badass, particularly cool cuz of the diamond white(?), hardly ever seen that before.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts