Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, here is the deal...
when I bought my car (used), I had heavy swirl marks across my red 1997 Prelude. Last summer I had my car compound and wax which brought out the color again but only lasted a couple months and then the swirls came back and were even worse!
So after hearing about Zainos Bros, I ordered the basic kit for a little less than 100$(CDN) from car-fanatic.com and received it in a few days...

I finally had the opportunity to try it out this weekend and here is the story...

I followed the instructions that accompanied the kit and first washed my car with dish wash soap, then used proceeded to use Z1. Unfortunately, I was supposed to apply a "light haze" but being my first time using Zainos, I thought I was not using enough and applied a little too much. Afterwards, I applied the Z5 to get rid of my heavy swirl marks... again, I applied a little too much which meant that I had to wait longer for it to dry before removing the haze... At that time, it was 9:30pm and I still had some other things to do so I left the car at my friend's garage overnight to let the Z5 dry properly...
The next morning, I removed the Z5 with ease and then proceeded to apply the Z6 which is suppose to keep dust and protect the suface (kinda like a show car polish)...

Results? It looks great! It looks like I had the car compound again but hopefully it will last a lot longer! There are still some indictation of swirl marks but keep in mind that I only applied one coat of the Z5... I'm sure if I had applied a couple of more coats (and had more time), it would had look a lot better. Anyhow, I'm pleased with the results... check out the pics and let me know what you think...(sorry for the low resolution pics, as well, I took them at sunset so there isn't a lot of sunshine...)

And of course, me...

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
YES!!!
another red lude!!!

i like, i like.

looks familiar.... hmmmmm heheheheh

------------------
AIM: ImagePree

**scratch here, ding there. Sigh...**
OG H-A Member
Who else wants these Jammies???

[This message has been edited by imagepree (edited April 22, 2001).]

·
Super Moderator
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think what you are seeing is the reflection of the trees and background...

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Nice nice, damn you guys with darker coloured cars, the polish and wax really shine with darker colours.

------------------

Pearl White
00'SS

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rf7475:
Looks good.
What happened to the door.
It looks pretty bad.
</font>

LOL dude i think thats a reflection of the street lamp from across the street

·
Registered
285 Posts
WOW!!!!!!!!! Looks great! I think I have to try that Zaino's stuff.

------------------
Life begins at 5,000RPM

·
Registered
698 Posts
cool, maybe I should look into that stuff...swirl marks are pretty bad on my 98...by the way, base model with SH wheels? previous owner did that?

nice to see more and more San Marino reds out there...

·
Super Moderator
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 98 San Marino SH:
cool, maybe I should look into that stuff...swirl marks are pretty bad on my 98...by the way, base model with SH wheels? previous owner did that?

nice to see more and more San Marino reds out there...
</font>
Actually, I got a pretty sweet deal and traded my base rims for 3 SH rims and found the 4th one for 200$(CDN) or 128$(US)...

·
Registered
698 Posts
wow, good deal..

its wierd seeing those wheels without the spoiler and colored sills....guess I'm just used to my baby

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
Premium Member
12,808 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 98 San Marino SH:
its wierd seeing those wheels without the spoiler and colored sills....guess I'm just used to my baby
</font>
its wierd [sic] seeing the mugen rear skirt without the mugen side skirts....guess I'm just used to my baby

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
what are you talking about? It's wierd [sic] to see your mugen sides and rears with paint that doesn't look like they match the rest of the car

------------------

·
Registered
698 Posts
and by the way, where I live in rural saskatchewan, we spell it "weerd"....

sorry if I made a mistake in an attempt to fit in with urban culture....and yes, mugen sides are coming, be patient

1 - 20 of 29 Posts