Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know satan used them in his, but has anyone ran the hybrid without the oil squirters? I just got done running a B20VTEC that isn't running oil squirters. Damn lightweight civic pulled on me, so it's time to get serious about getting a motor plan together.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
I think sik96prelude is running w/o the oil squirters.

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's good enough for me.
Just to clarify, after I searched around last night I only found one thing that had to be done for the H23VTEC, and that was to unplug the oil feed hole in H23 block. Now I know that the Bseries need an oil lined plumbed into the head, the dowel holes widened to 14mm, and the oil return hole in the VTEC head has to be plugged with a brass plug. Do I just need to unplug the oil feed hole on the H23 block or is there more?

·
formally Sik96prelude
1,061 Posts
I am not running oil squirters and I am doing really well, good numbers also. No problems.

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Luckily I have all of the H22 stuff from my stock motor. I figure that it will be cheaper to find a H23 short block than an H22 short block, and I won't feel as bad if I blow it up.

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think I'll just run without the oil squirters, since I don't spray very often and I always give the motor time to cool down between runs.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I'm just thinking about this because I have both motors. The H23 in my car now, and the H22 in the garage, build head, stock block(haven't gotten to it yet). I'm wondering if it's worth just giving it a shot.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
i've tried to use the oil jets. didn't happen. first of all the 2.3 crank won't make a clean rotation without shaving down the jet's sleeves. i tried this and she almost made a clean rotation, except that the skirt of my type s pistons touched the jet ends before btdc. this is what kept me from running the jets. the other thing, i did shave the jets a little, but i couldn't go too far in fear that i'd perforate the sheathing. and even though it would rotate somewhat clean past the jets, the clearance wasn't enough to convince me that when running and with high heat and expansion that they would not touch. so...out stayed the jets. i've been talking to some metalworkers about rerouting the jets, but that won't happen until i break her down again.

ronnie, what are your hp numbers by the way? im curious, but you're running cams too. what pistons?

v

·
formally Sik96prelude
1,061 Posts
What up vern long time no see. I got your pm's now. I am running H22 pistons. I do have cams and other things done as well as far as internals. I got my dyno numbers but I am waiting till I get a scanner because I am going to let it speak for it self. There are a few people on here that know my numbers but I would rather wait so I don't have to deal with the haters. I hit you up later today, I have a gift for you. Sorry about your godson.

Holla

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
interesting about the squirters, thanks for the info. Let me ask this then.. if it's going to be an NA, high comp. H23Vtec, the motor would have problems without the squirters wouldn't it?

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
yo playa. rite, so long your hair woulda grown out by now. you and the wifey aight? guess you didn't deploy?

well when you getting a scanner, cause you got me itchin over here. i wanna know even more now! :D you got a list of your build?

a gift for me? its not even my berfday:) and thanks, we're holding strong through that great loss.

p styl, you should try it anyway. i never measured the skirt length of my jdm 2.2 pistons and my type s pistons. if the piston skirts you're gonna use aren't that long you might be able to use the jets. but like i said you have to shave the jets down a lil bit to clear. anywho, it might just be the nature of the long stroke that keeps the jets from being used. but give it a try if you have the time.

im na, high comp, 2.3vtec, and im doin ok. ronnie's not as high comp as me but he's up there and he's doin ok. slp mode would have been doin ok if his motor didn't overrev. but then again, every build is different.

good luck whatever you do.
v

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Cool man, thanks for the info. I'll check it out.

What compression are you running anyways? Oh, and with the skirts, I'll be running Type-S pistons as well...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts