Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It indicates an oil pressure issue. I do understand that from previous threads. However, the engine has been entirely rebuilt, balanced and blue printed. Oil pump replaced. Oil sensor replaced. Mechanic reports fine pressure and engine is running beautifully but the darn light starts flashing after driving roughly 55 mi. Scary because a previous Gen4 seized immediately after this light came on. Suspect a wire connection problem. Is there a DYI solution for this? I think my mechanic is getting a little tired of the issue. I don't want to damage my investment and will install a new dashboard gauge for backup, but would appreciate anyone's input on this. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
It indicates an oil pressure issue. I do understand that from previous threads. However, the engine has been entirely rebuilt, balanced and blue printed. Oil pump replaced. Oil sensor replaced. Mechanic reports fine pressure and engine is running beautifully but the darn light starts flashing after driving roughly 55 mi. Scary because a previous Gen4 seized immediately after this light came on. Suspect a wire connection problem. Is there a DYI solution for this? I think my mechanic is getting a little tired of the issue. I don't want to damage my investment and will install a new dashboard gauge for backup, but would appreciate anyone's input on this. Thanks!!
Hey man! I know how you feel. Mine was doing same thing so I installed a oil pressure gauge and mounted it with my afr to monitor the oil pressure. It makes you feel better when it flashes and you see the pressure for yourself live. Mine does it very rarely so I decided not to bother. If everything checks out ok it's most like a short in the dash causing that light to flash. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts