Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’m new to the forums and I have been searching for information on my oil leak. Today I was installing new coil overs on my 2000 lude, and noticed oil spots around the oil filter. I went under and saw oil coming from the filter. I assume that the filter isn’t on right but the there is also oil spots higher than the filter.

I also noticed a wire under the filter, anyone know what that is?

I’ve already changed all the valve cover gaskets, and also change my cam seal.

Im going to change the oil and filter here soon once I get these coil overs on. I also might look into inspecting the oil ban gasket.

please let me know if there are any other things I should check that may cause and oil leak.

photos 👇

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Gas Auto part
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Electrical wiring Automotive fuel system Gas
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Musical instrument Gas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I’m new to the forums and I have been searching for information on my oil leak. Today I was installing new coil overs on my 2000 lude, and noticed oil spots around the oil filter. I went under and saw oil coming from the filter. I assume that the filter isn’t on right but the there is also oil spots higher than the filter.

I also noticed a wire under the filter, anyone know what that is?

I’ve already changed all the valve cover gaskets, and also change my cam seal.

Im going to change the oil and filter here soon once I get these coil overs on. I also might look into inspecting the oil ban gasket.

please let me know if there are any other things I should check that may cause and oil leak.

photos 👇

View attachment 20126 View attachment 20127 View attachment 20128
Hey man! It’s probably your oil cooler gasket! I saw a few vids of people changing it out on YouTube. I’m out and about and can’t link you ATM but if you have trouble figuring it out let me know.

I just changed mine out right before Christmas because I had the same problem for like a year and it was driving me nuts. I got an OEM replacement but you can get a compatible one in a set of gaskets from Autozone/Oriellys that turned out to be identical.

I’ll try and find the part number and post it here to make it easy too. It’s easy to change out, only weird thing you need is a 36mm socket (I’ll double check that too).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey man! It’s probably your oil cooler gasket! I saw a few vids of people changing it out on YouTube. I’m out and about and can’t link you ATM but if you have trouble figuring it out let me know.

I just changed mine out right before Christmas because I had the same problem for like a year and it was driving me nuts. I got an OEM replacement but you can get a compatible one in a set of gaskets from Autozone/Oriellys that turned out to be identical.

I’ll try and find the part number and post it here to make it easy too. It’s easy to change out, only weird thing you need is a 36mm socket (I’ll double check that too).
Genuine OEM Honda Oil Cooler O-Ring 62.4 x 3.1 Base 91316-PE7-730

I replaced that guy. Look it up and see if it’s potentially your issue! Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts