Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys just wanted to get some opinions on where my oil leak could be coming from. so the oil leak seems to come from the back of my h23 motor. i think where the head meets the block. I dont know if the head gasket can leak a bunch of oil like it is??? i changed the valve cover gasket and the cam seal. i am out of ideas. hopefully you guys have some.

·
Registered
599 Posts
are the head studs torqued to the right specs? maybe the head gasket is leaking

·
Registered
170 Posts
make sure you didn't pinch your valve cover gasket. check your coolant for signs of oil and your oil for a milky color.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i think i torqued them to spec, but do i need to re torque them after i run it for a little, i heard this is sometimes needed. but there is no milky color in the oil, and there is no loss of coolant. i dont know what to do, im so confused. blah :( can oil leak from the head gasket and still run fine and not lose any coolant?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Take some degreaser and spray the area you think it's coming from, just don't spray into anything vital. Clean it up good then run your engine so the oil warms up. Try to see if you can spot the leak with a light. Unless of course you already know where it's coming from exactly. I did this and discovered it wasn't comin from my head gasket like i thought, but an O-Ring by my oil filter. I didn't fix it a shop found that though, and was too stupid to ask what it was, bein that i'm a new lude owner.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just realized I'm leaking a tiny bit of oil. Not significant. When I do my suspension I'll take a look. I'm hoping it's not the rear main seal.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts