Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the stealership to get a few oil filters for the 5th gen. Parts guy tried to sell me filters that were a different size than what I have always put on the engine. He said Honda changed the part number and are now going to this skinnier and longer filter rather than the short fat filter. Anyone have this experience or know anything about this supposed new PN.

·
Registered
24 Posts
nah, but you can try an 65 Mustang Oil Filter...sorry, couldn't resist, the smart-A came out in me. I am guessing if he is suggesting the S2K filter, then it works fine.

I just got an oil filter from dealership around 3 weeks ago, they gave me the same old filter, and they were nice enough to take the washer to it, cause I always lose them!

·
Premium Member
531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a supply of this PN: 15400-PCX-0400 which is the PN that came with the car and used up until I had to replenish my supply of oil filters. The new PN which is the narrower and longer filter is supposedly the new PN. Is the 15400-PCX-0400 the S2K filter? Does this new filter or PN fit properly is the question? Do I need to worry about it? Is anyone using the new filter?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts