Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 2 years ago when i bought my prelude i was inexperienced in pretty much the entire car world. now i realize what modifications i made back then were mistakes, including my rims.
I bought 17x7 w/ +38 offset, they rub when i take corners hard, i was wondering if there was any way to avoid this, maybe tire size or by adjusting the offset with a kit (if that is possible) or if i just need to get new rims.

thanks

·
sportin' the 4x4....
6,527 Posts
You can have the wheels offset machined down to get a larger offset as long as there is enough material to shave off. This would make the offset larger, and you wouldn't rub. You can call around to local machine shops to see if they can do it.

What size tires are you running?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
215/40's kumho ecsta supras in the back and proxes fz4 in the front.
got a recommendation for tire psi? they say max 44lbs on the kumho and 50 on the proxes, does that mean cold or warm?
also forgot to mention im lowered on an eibach prokit, 1.5"in front 1.3" in back i believe

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
that is a ridiculously low offset for preludes :nono:, try to get the machined I suppose

·
former luder
719 Posts
Tire pressure means when you fill it up cold.
Go to a tire size calculator and figure out if your tire diameter is the same as stock. There's links to them all over this site.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
there's a limit on how much you can shave, i think you can get away with 2-3 mm, check with a wheel shop. but with 2-3 mm shaved you are still looking at +40. time to get new rims :D

·
Registered
501 Posts
Just get yourself a set of new rims with the appropriate offset and atleast 215/40 series tires. All that trouble of shaving the rims to get a better offset and buying lower profile tires such as 35 series tires isn't worth it.

·
Just say NO to euro-rice
2,926 Posts
gen5 said:
there's a limit on how much you can shave, i think you can get away with 2-3 mm, check with a wheel shop. but with 2-3 mm shaved you are still looking at +40. time to get new rims :D
one of my connections is a wheel shop. my tuner sends his race-prep cars there, so i know its no joke. 2-3mm is no problem. they said they start getting problems around 10 to 15mm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts