Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd look into swapping some parts out on my 97 Prelude and checked into the prices for the OEM product.

Painted Sills - $248.00 each
'99 + front grill - $109.00 (ouch)

Any alternative you might recommend?

Lastly, I'll never forget when I needed to replace that flimsy cardboard(ish) floor piece in the trunk of my old Del Sol - $125.00

I could die laughing......

·
Registered
957 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EvilDongle:

Lastly, I'll never forget when I needed to replace that flimsy cardboard(ish) floor piece in the trunk of my old Del Sol - $125.00

</font>
damn, i would of made my own out of thin wood and then carpeted it for that price!

as for those other prelude parts, try the 4sale forum here, and the classifieds on hondaprelude.com or even try ebay. I'm sure you could find those used in good shape.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Thought I'd look into swapping some parts out on my 97 Prelude and checked into the prices for the OEM product.

Painted Sills - $248.00 each
'99 + front grill - $109.00 (ouch)

Any alternative you might recommend?

</font>
Well I traded VAbeach_Lude my '99 grill for his '97 because I liked it better and I'm pretty sure it was Baked I sold my factory SH side sills to so ask around with a subject that'll get some attention in that department.

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
what color is your lude? i have the crystal blue SH side sills (same "shape" as base sills but painted) that i don't need...

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'd be interested in those side sills. Can they be repainted?

------------------
Life begins at 5,000RPM

·
Registered
83 Posts
Try checking out Manchester Honda on the internet. I think their address is something like Manhonda.com or something. Anyway, they definitely have better prices than your local dealership is willing to offer. I bought a front lip for my Lude for around $150 (if my memory serves me correctly- don't quote me!).

Good luck!

·
Registered
233 Posts
I've got Crystal Blue sides and front of a WW RS kit to get rid of. Oh, and I'll be getting rid of my 99 grill since i'll be getting the Mugen copy front. Interested?

------------------

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the responses....

As much as I love the Crystal Blue, my Lude is Euc green. (Why can't I have one of every color......)

I keep forgetting about the other forums on this board. Thanks for the reminder.

Mark

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">a good point Originally posted by SteveV: damn, i would of made my own out of thin wood and then carpeted it for that price!</font>

Yep, and that's just what I did!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ferrd:
I'd be interested in those side sills. Can they be repainted?

</font>
I'd read elsewhere that it makes better sense to buy the OEM painted sills. I'll be checking into a body shop next week to get a quote on getting them painted. I'll post the comparative results.......

·
Registered
957 Posts

Yep, and that's just what I did!
</font>
haha, that makes more sense to make your own.

And check on getting those pieces painted. It will probably be cheaper than buying the SH sills.

[This message has been edited by SteveV (edited April 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
210 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
what color is your lude? i have the crystal blue SH side sills (same "shape" as base sills but painted) that i don't need...</font>

hey mail me at [email protected] ; im interested..my cars nordic mist..b ut should be "about" the same

1 - 14 of 14 Posts