Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
regarding keeping the honda oem black shiftknob boot upright, with a momo shift knob:

i've searched on hondaprelude.com and ha.net and so far many ideas were shared.. but none that seem like a permanent solution.

perhaps i should just spend the money and buy a momo boot.

i have a momo knob (from my old car) that i'd like to install in my prelude but i just need to devise a way to keep that boot up.

anyone recently figure something out?

·
Registered
9,437 Posts

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by floundericiousFL:
you know...I've often thought...with MALKEN being an Admin...a castrated two-legged hampster with a learning disability could run this place better...</font>

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
mine works fine, seems "permamenent" to me... OEM boot, MOMO knob. i flipped around the plastic chrome ring thingie, whose inner diameter is an exact match for the outer diameter of the bottom shaft of the MOMO knob.

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
there's a plastic chrome ring at the top of the shift boot - the boot itself is zip-tied to the ring, and the shift knob clicks into a prong on the chrome ring.

aftermarket shift knobs don't have the proper receptacle for the prong on the chrome ring, but i noticed that the shaft at the base of the momo knob is a very, very snug and perfect fit with the *other* side of the chrome ring. if you unzip the boot, turn the ring upside down, and then rezip the boot to what used to be the top of the ring, the ring will snugly fit into the underside of the momo knob, thus holding the boot up.

my lude is an SH tho, so i think there's a good chance this won't work with a base. it's pretty obvious how it works on the SH. just take your stock knob off and you'll see.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
schwett,

did you have the stock rubbery knob or the SH-style leather knob?

i noticed the stock knob has a thicker plastic-chrome clip holder than the SH knob.

[edited here]
nevermind, i just saw in the pic that yours is the thin plastic clip.

[This message has been edited by jkoc (edited April 03, 2001).]

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkoc:
schwett,

did you have the stock rubbery knob or the SH-style leather knob?

i noticed the stock knob has a thicker plastic-chrome clip holder than the SH knob.

[edited here]
nevermind, i just saw in the pic that yours is the thin plastic clip.

[This message has been edited by jkoc (edited April 03, 2001).]
</font>
base has square shape plastic and SH has round one. so it won't look good.

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
So what is the solution for us POOR BASE GUYS?
Can a MOMO knob be put on w/the boot up?

My MOMO knob is sitting in my rm collecting dust!!!!!!

Don't wanna get a MOMO boot, at least not yet

------------------
01' Base 5-Speed
AEM CAI, Neuspeed Frt. ST Bar
Parts to be installed-
Neuspeed Sports & KYB AGX,Apex V-AFC, Type-R Wing

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EBP Lude:

</font>
replace the ring.. go to junk yard to pick up some old 2nd gen integra boot or civic boot.

or if you are not able to find it.. buy the new civic boot for $19.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EBP Lude:

</font>
is it just $$ that you don't wanna get the boot? cuz it looks tight as hell when they go together. i prefer the older version with the stitching and connecting ring built in the boot ranther than the new ones that use the external ring.

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HRC:
is it just $$ that you don't wanna get the boot? cuz it looks tight as hell when they go together. i prefer the older version with the stitching and connecting ring built in the boot ranther than the new ones that use the external ring.

</font>

i'd have to disagree now.. (although i thought the same thing).. i have grown into my knob/boot.. it looks phat!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bronx99:

i'd have to disagree now.. (although i thought the same thing).. i have grown into my knob/boot.. it looks phat!
</font>
you silly rabbit...

------------------

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
i didn't really like the pic i saw of the momo boot - too flashy (red stitching or something?) and wierd shaped - also i didn't feel like stapling it in

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HRC:

</font>

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
i didn't really like the pic i saw of the momo boot - too flashy (red stitching or something?) and wierd shaped - also i didn't feel like stapling it in

</font>
mine doesn't have the red stitching and is not weird shaped! you don't remember what mine looked like huh? also, your stock boot is stapled on, if that's what your getting at...i got to get justin to dig up a picture for you.

d

------------------

1 - 15 of 15 Posts