Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the people who have the prelude oem cover, do u guys like it? can i get some feedbacks on it? Im considering if i should get one to store my car.

·
ricersmakethebabyjesuscry
633 Posts
haha i just got one it, but i refuse to use it until i can wash my car first, and since it's rained i haven't washed my car...

BUT, if you would search, the general consensus likes it

·
Registered
548 Posts
it's weather proof, but i don't really recommend it.... make sure moisture doesn't get trapped under there either, i rarely use mine...i should just sell it.

there are days where it is helpful, but for the most part, it's a drag. they're nice for right after a car wash, but once again, it can be a pain....

if you can find a non oem for cheaper, i'd get that instead.
mine wasn't worth 140 bux imo

i used mine 3 times, if you wanna buy from me, i'll make u a good offer.

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
I have the OEM car covers for both my Prelude and Integra. When both of my cars used to be parked outside, I used the covers almost every day at home and at work. When I came home, I would dust off the car first, then put the cover on. It wasn't that difficult once you get the hang of it. Now I don't really use the cover since I park my car in the garage. The only time I use the cover now is when I go on a business trip and I need to park my car at the airport.

·
Registered
777 Posts
godfather16 said:
Hey Mad Luder, How much bro??????????
haha ellie, you man....

anycrap, i hvae one, i dont use it to much but i think its because of shear lazyness

·
Registered
236 Posts
i have been wanting to buy one pretty bad.. mainly because i dont want my paint to oxidise in the sun (red does it very fast) and when i park in my carport birds post up and **** on my car

·
Premium Member
3,936 Posts
The OEM one is alot thicker then the generic covers. I'm not so sure if its waterproof since I would see condensation/streaks of water under the cover after it rains. However, fit is perfect and I highly recommend it.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
548 Posts
they advertise it as "weather proof" and it's a breathable fabric so you will see condensation and such, so you really shouldn't have it on for too long, you need to air out your car... well for long term storage at least.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Thanks for the info on the OEM one.

I heard that some heavier multi-layered non OEM covers do give some ding protection - so i'll look into that.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
CDR_UK said:
Thanks for the info on the OEM one.

I heard that some heavier multi-layered non OEM covers do give some ding protection - so i'll look into that.

Cheers.
OT==>Ding protection: Complete replacement of external panels with Carbon fiber (maybe with a kevlar mix). Or go with Saturn's concept: ABS plastic. I'm doing the first option if I keep the car another 2 years.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
532 Posts
I rarely use the one i have...my sister gave it to me when she sold her lude and its the same one for the NSX or at least thats what the embroidered stitching says. Fits perfect and people think i have an NSX...JK

1 - 20 of 20 Posts