Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched and found where to buy an OEM front lip (H and A Accessories dot com - Genuine Factory Honda and Acura Accessories at discount prices. Accessories made by Honda and Acura for your car), but they seem to only have them in Nighthawk Black and Electron Blue. Somewhat ironically, they're shipped price is less than some replicas on eBay!

Does anyone know if there's a chance in hell somewhere else might have a Ficus Green Pearl (G98P) OEM front lip and where that might be? It seems like they may have all be bought, years ago, but I figured I'd throw it out there, just in case!

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Buy one from H and A and paint it.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I was planning on, but I was hoping the Gods might pull through and find me one already painted...and even match the 10 year old paint ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ah, I stand corrected (Dad's Accord is Nighthawk Black Pearl which is what I was thinking of.)

I guess I'll be ordering the black (regardless of which variety ;)) and repaint it. Does anyone know a cheap place to get a quart of factory-matched paint online? If not, I'll just go local. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
173 Posts
You're gonna paint it yourself? If you bring it to a shop they will find the paint for you

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, the fading can be quite an issue when touching up paint, but since this is a separate body panel that doesn't share a common plane with other panels, and is low on the car, I don't think a slight mis-match will be noticeable, if the paint is even faded down there.

I've painted older cars before and they've turned out well. So, I'd rather just paint the lip myself so that if/when it gets chipped I'll have the paint to touch-up/respray.

I'm waiting for someone to get to my house with a cashier's check for my Celica Alltrac...then, I'll be ordering the lip ;)

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, the OEM one from handa was only $35 more than my shipped price on the replica. So, that is what I got! I'll think about posting some pics, when it's all said and done, but everyone should know what it looks like ;)

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been keeping an eye on Handa prices hoping that they would go down (unlikely, I know... LOL).

I just bought a 'lude without an OEM lip kit; I hadn't realized the cost of purchase, shipping, painting, and installation would approach $1k. I'm keeping an eye out anyway. I think some other posts on this forum or another have pointed out that it's better not to go with fiberglass since it cracks easily, so I guess the replicas are out. Unless anyone has had better experiences?

It's too bad I got here too late for 00ludeN2's sale. I have a 2000 CBM too. :-(

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I can't really bring myself to pay the prices for the side/rear skirts, but that's also because a PO of my car had the stock ones painted (and added a spoiler) so it looks like an SH. ;)

We'll see though...if the car looks funky without the sideskirts, I might just get them. I also like how the rear really helps to "tuck-up" the exhaust and hid some of the guts of the car, but I'm on a limited budget, these days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts