Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in my ongoing attempts to increase HP on my prelude, ive started reading things on OBDI conversions. Is it possible to just change the ECU and wiring harness or are you having to change the distributor and injectors as well?

Anyone done this out there? HELP!

thanks!

·
Registered
412 Posts
i did it
yes it works
do a serch and you will find it

------------------
for sale:18" giovviona kuji rims w/toyo t1-s 215-35-18

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mugenman:
in my ongoing attempts to increase HP on my prelude, ive started reading things on OBDI conversions. Is it possible to just change the ECU and wiring harness or are you having to change the distributor and injectors as well?

Anyone done this out there? HELP!

Thanks!
</font>
You have to change the distributor. You have to change injectors if you use a 4Gen VTEC Prelude ECU. If you use a GSR ECU, then you can use stock injectors, but you must have the ECU remapped to work with the H22.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
You have to change the distributor. You have to change injectors if you use a 4Gen VTEC Prelude ECU. If you use a GSR ECU, then you can use stock injectors, but you must have the ECU remapped to work with the H22.

</font>
So you HAVE to use the 4gen injectors with the 4gen ecu...before you said that the stock 5gen would work...any reason for the change? found out something new?

G

·
Technically the 4Gen ECU is made for peak and hold injectors. You can use stock 5Gen injectors, but I don't recommend it. I would change injectors to peak and hold instead of saturated (like the 5Gen's).

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

G

·
You have it reprogrammed (about $300, depending on the shop). It's a 94-95 GSR ECU.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Registered
152 Posts
If anyone is interested in a conversion, I'm selling my set-up. It's a 95 GS-R ECU reprogrammed to H22A specs, and OBD1 distributor. E-mail me if interested.

------------------
-sun
http://students.washington.edu/sunn

·
Registered
697 Posts
hey Sun, how much are you selling your ECU and distributor?

and I have a 4th gen P13 ECU for sale. $250+shipping, I will ship anywhere in US or Canada.

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

G

·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoothludey:
Originally posted by thekidinthehat:
sun,
why you selling your setup? going to a stand alone system?
</font>
maybe he's selling the car?
Don't speculate, please.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

1 - 20 of 22 Posts