Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

i know this has been talked about before. But i have one question. My friend's car was totalled and so i'm going to pull some parts from it. I was wondering if you could tell me where to find some parts...

the resistor pack -- where is it located?

and lastly, these are the parts i'll need

the ecu, the injectors, the distributor...

anything else?

thanks,

Tim

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Yeah, you'll need a Helm manual, plus a wiring harness converter.

------------------
Quoth atlxchink:

When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pure Lude:
hey guys,

i know this has been talked about before. But i have one question. My friend's car was totalled and so i'm going to pull some parts from it. I was wondering if you could tell me where to find some parts...

the resistor pack -- where is it located?

and lastly, these are the parts i'll need

the ecu, the injectors, the distributor...

anything else?

thanks,

Tim
</font>
The resistor pack is right behind the driver's side front fender well. Make sure that you get the resistor pack connector and the distributor connectors. Your list sounds good.

You will also need a 4Gen Helm's to do the electrical conversion. If you plan to use an OBD2 -> OBD1 harness, then you will need that. If you plan to make the harness yourself, get the ECU connectors when you pull the ECU.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

·
SuperMod
7,962 Posts
Hey man, I want some parts!
I *need* the cupholder! Seriously, mine is missing the cap to close it.

·
SuperMod
7,962 Posts
Cool

And if he has factory floor mats too please! Mine are getting extrememly worn!

Thanks! you're the man!

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99Prelude_LC:
why does this thread sound like a homeless man taking the boots of some guy who was just shot????
</font>
well, considering my friend's situation.....his car was wrecked. His car is going to go to one of those pick and pull places OR it mite just be mashed up. me and him both think its best to sell off these parts to make money for a new ride.

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Pull *all* the wiring harnesses if you can. You especially want the one that goes to the ECU, the one that goes to the injectors with the resistor pack, and the one that goes to the distributor (it's wired different than the 5th gen too...)

I call dibs on the seats!!
Seriously, if he's looking to sell the seats I want 'em if the leather is in good condition... email me!

Andrew

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hey Billy, if I get the ECU reprogrammed, do I need 4th gen injectors? I'm looking to get Hondata reprogrammed ECU chip, how is it?

Has anyone here sucessfully done this conversion?

------------------
-- No Tune, No Life --
Michael Li
-- 1997 Prelude 5spd--

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mike2016:
Hey Billy, if I get the ECU reprogrammed, do I need 4th gen injectors? I'm looking to get Hondata reprogrammed ECU chip, how is it?

Has anyone here sucessfully done this conversion?
</font>
You can use the 5Gen injectors, but keep in mind that the 4Gen was made for peak and hold injectors (the 5Gen injectors are saturated injectors). I am in the middle of doing the conversion now, but I won't be done until my engine is back.

Is Hondata doing a 4Gen Prelude ECU now? If you're going to have it reprogrammed, why not get new injectors, do all the work to the engine, then have the ECU reprogrammed to reflect the modifications?

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by malken00:
Billy, are you doing this OBD1 mod? Are you going to make a write-up? I'd love to have it to use when I do my car.
</font>
Yeah, I was planning to do a write up, but it won't be done for a few more weeks (more delays on engine parts).

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

M

·
0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Yeah, I was planning to do a write up, but it won't be done for a few more weeks (more delays on engine parts).

</font>
Thats fine.. take your time.. I'd rather it be accurate, etc.

Do you have an AIM name Billy?

·
0 Posts
Yeah, 71streetmod, but I rarely use it.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

1 - 17 of 17 Posts