Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by malken00:
Come'on 71dsp and Veetec, I know you're on the board right now. You guys know this.
</font>
Does the tranny communicate with the ECU? If so, you would have to trick it when starting (it has to be in park), and then trick it to drive (make it think that it's in drive). Not worth it, in my opinion. Get a 5speed ECU.

------------------
Billy
North Texas Prelude Owners Group
www.ntpog.org

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Come'on 71dsp and Veetec, I know you're on the board right now. You guys know this.
</font>
Does the tranny communicate with the ECU? If so, you would have to trick it when starting (it has to be in park), and then trick it to drive (make it think that it's in drive). Not worth it, in my opinion. Get a 5speed ECU.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Uh, I just thought of something, all the VTEC models were 5 speed!!!!!!

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 71dsp:
Uh, I just thought of something, all the VTEC models were 5 speed!!!!!!

</font>
LOL... interesting... I will send this guy an email from this junkyard, and see if its a typo..

Also, where in the ECU located at in the 4th gen?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Passenger footwell. I think this yard is full of ****....

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Either that or they can't tell a difference between the ABS unit and the ECU.

------------------
Billy
www.ntpog.org

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
It could be a 95 auto ECU for an H22a. 4th gens were available in Japan and other territories with an automatic mated to the H22a. It would be one of these ECUs if you are sure it is definitely for an auto.

What do the labels on it read? What is the part #?

Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts

Also, where in the ECU located at in the 4th gen?
</font>
Under the passenger footwell - just like 5th gens...

Andrew

·
another SS->5spd!
1,373 Posts
If that's the case, can a 95 auto ECU from a JDM H22A work for a GEN5 SS?? I really want to do a OBD I swap on my SS but I have no clue on which ECU to go with.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by aklucsarits:
It could be a 95 auto ECU for an H22a. 4th gens were available in Japan and other territories with an automatic mated to the H22a. It would be one of these ECUs if you are sure it is definitely for an auto.

What do the labels on it read? What is the part #?

Andrew
</font>

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LVSBB6:
If that's the case, can a 95 auto ECU from a JDM H22A work for a GEN5 SS?? I really want to do a OBD I swap on my SS but I have no clue on which ECU to go with.

</font>
I think it depends on whether or not the 95 auto h22a was vtec or not. If it wasn't, it prolly wont' work since all 5gens are vtec.

·
too much jdm stuff
842 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by smoothludey:
I think it depends on whether or not the 95 auto h22a was vtec or not. If it wasn't, it prolly wont' work since all 5gens are vtec.</font>
Did they make H22a's w/o VTEC? Even in other parts of the world, wasn't it a different motor for the non-VTEC 5th gens? F22 maybe? But I am pretty sure that all H22A's are VTEC. Someone correct me if I'm wrong...

-e-

------------------
[tHåt©hMå§të®]

95 VTEC Prelude - RS*R, powerslots, Axxis metal masters, Toyo FZ4s, **type-S intake (thanks Andy!!)** 15.040 @ 92.85

95 VTEC Del Sol - AEM, Bullfrog TB, N2 header, Greddy SP, Powerstop Xdrilled, Z3 fenders

www.thatchland.com

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by LVSBB6:

</font>
I'm pretty sure it was a different auto tranny that was offered on the 4th gen VTEC Autos. From what I understand, it was a conventional auto as opposed to the "automanual" portshift style of the 5th gen. I don't know if a 4th gen auto ECU would work with the 5th gen sport shift...

Andrew

1 - 16 of 16 Posts