Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we (or at least I) have been becoming annoyed with the sizing of the Type C, what does everyone think of the new Superleggera sitting right next to it? They weigh something like 14 lbs. as well and are $100 cheaper than the Type C's.

·
Registered
951 Posts
I didn't consider it personally. I thought it was a little too plain looking. It's a quality wheel, and maybe a better value if you like the appearance.

[This message has been edited by baked (edited April 05, 2001).]

·
Registered
951 Posts
It's a lighter-weight wheel, but I think the 14lbs is a little too optimistic... assuming you're talking about a 17" wheel.

[This message has been edited by baked (edited April 05, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahh, you're right, 15.4 lbs.:

from http://home.earthlink.net/~cvlocas/wheels.html
OZ Superleggera Cast 15x7 11.0
OZ Superleggera Cast 17x7 15.4
OZ Superleggera Cast 18x8 17.6

OZ's website says 7 kg (15.4 lbs.) as well.

That's still a touch lighter than SSR Integral or GT-1's in the same size which are as expensive or more.

[This message has been edited by gLudeous (edited April 06, 2001).]

·
Theoretical Physicist
3,621 Posts
You mean like this??

No!!! Don't get those wheels!
Dammit, now everybody's gonna have them... Well, at least I was the first...

Seriously, you really can't beat them if you are looking for lightweight wheels. They fit the Prelude, weigh about the same as Volk TE-37, look much better (IMHO), and cost a lot less than the Volks... I first learned about them a few months ago on a UK Subaru board... I ordered a set when I heard they were released in the US. I got mine a few weeks ago. I like 'em.

And yes, I know... My car is not yet lowered, but the suspension is going on this weekend...

Andrew

·
Banned
2,048 Posts
Those wheels are cast... I'd be careful.

------------------
Quoth atlxchink:

When I try to picture o0OO0o as a moderator, the image of Beavis hacking away at the keyboard comes to mind

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
aklucsarits, those look pretty niiice! Would they look dumb on a black car? If they were bronze, I'd get them in a second.

Oh, the wheels are cast, but O.Z. says they're shotpeened, So THERE!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Man... Those rims are hella nice... How much are they for i8"? Where can I get it? Thanks for all your help...

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by dptkfil:
Man... Those rims are hella nice... How much are they for i8"? Where can I get it? Thanks for all your help...</font>
I've only seen them at Tire Rack, and they only offered them in 17 in. for Prelude, though OZ makes an 18 inch, just don't know if it would fit.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
modacar has them too, 17x7 for $239 each. cheap as hell for a 15.8 lb 17" wheel. i like 'em. they're $280 at tirerack!

http://www.modacar.com/wheels/lightweight_pkg.htm
</font>
well, at least you don't need to pay for mounting the tires if you get your tires at tirerack together with the wheels...

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
true, damn, at that price i might get a set just to have some summer wheels and some winter wheels!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
Originally posted by schwett:
modacar has them too, 17x7 for $239 each. cheap as hell for a 15.8 lb 17" wheel. i like 'em. they're $280 at tirerack!

http://www.modacar.com/wheels/lightweight_pkg.htm
</font>
well, at least you don't need to pay for mounting the tires if you get your tires at tirerack together with the wheels...

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Do NOT flame me!
AgH!!
I said don't flame me!

But...In my humble opinion if it hasn't got 5 spoke design it just doesn't suit the Lude.
Yeah I know that seems a little strange on the 'opinion meter' but there is something so right about 5 spokes on a lude wheel.Anything else just isn't as good.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by andrewdelvard:
Do NOT flame me!
AgH!!
I said don't flame me!

But...In my humble opinion if it hasn't got 5 spoke design it just doesn't suit the Lude.
Yeah I know that seems a little strange on the 'opinion meter' but there is something so right about 5 spokes on a lude wheel.Anything else just isn't as good.
</font>
No need to worry about flaming, I actually don't think they would look that great either, they look a little smooth and curvy for a Prelude, and they might look even worse for me personally because my car is black. I was just impressed with the weight/dollar/reputation ratio (if you can believe I calculated that
)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts