Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in another thread that the NRs are off around the tach center hole by 1/32". How noticeable is this once they're installed? This p*sses me off considerring they cost $100 and the place I got them from claimed them to be "manufactured to OEM specs."

Did everyone find this misalignment to be the case?

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
you can see it in this pic

it's noticeable, but doesn't bug me too much. i'm pretty picky too. from what i recall, the nr whites for 5 speeds and sportshifts have it but the indiglos don't.

[This message has been edited by schwett (edited April 30, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
correction.. NR sportshift has it.. ask justin.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.bjunkyard.com" TARGET=_blank>

</A>

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply. I saw that on your original post but thought it might be a shadow.

[This message has been edited by fastmvr (edited April 30, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
you can see it in this pic

...the nr whites for 5 speeds and sportshifts have it but the indiglos don't.

</font>
i was gonna say i don't have a problem, but mine are indiglo.

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yours look really good. Any problems with needles binding? How did you secure them to the old faces? The instructions refer to 3M tape that the retailer didn't bother to include in the package. What kind of tape is it?

Finally, is it possible to remove the whites and return to black or would the tape ruin the old ones?

Thanks for all your posts by the way...very informative and helpful.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bud1:
How do the NR's light up at night? I'm damn sick of my Indiglos and want to get rid of them.</font>
u have a SS or 5spd? Im looking around for white white/indiglo gauges.

Hmm im a bit confused here. So the NR's are white but dont glow indiglo? I want some that are white during the day and light up normally at night, probably cuz im not quite sure how annoying the indiglo will be. How much do the NR's usually go for? I see some on ebay for ~50 or something (not sure if they are NR's or not though)

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a 5spd. Wont let them go until I find some good white faced replacements. I'm wondering how the NR's light up because I have no idea how the lighting would look in the dark. When I turn the brightness control all the way down on the indiglos, all I see are my lit needles..can BARELY see numbers.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 00vtecLude:
u have a SS or 5spd? Im looking around for white white/indiglo gauges.

Hmm im a bit confused here. So the NR's are white but dont glow indiglo? I want some that are white during the day and light up normally at night, probably cuz im not quite sure how annoying the indiglo will be. How much do the NR's usually go for? I see some on ebay for ~50 or something (not sure if they are NR's or not though)
</font>

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 00vtecLude:
[B

Hmm im a bit confused here. So the NR's are white but dont glow indiglo? I want some that are white during the day and light up normally at night, probably cuz im not quite sure how annoying the indiglo will be. How much do the NR's usually go for? I see some on ebay for ~50 or something (not sure if they are NR's or not though)[/B]</font>
NR white face gauges come in reg or EL-GLO.

------------------
Resist, and you'll be overcome

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HRC:
NR white face gauges come in reg or EL-GLO.

</font>
what he said. you must specify which style you want.

I used 3m double sided taped and loosened the tape a little with heat from a blow dryer. worked fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was looking at some night pics of the regular NRs this morning. They cast an orange "cone" onto the white below the needles. Damned if I can find where those pics were. Try a search on this board.

www.nrauto.com $89 for regular / $116 el glo

[This message has been edited by fastmvr (edited May 01, 2001).]

G

·
I'm gettin' damn tired of my NR's touching the needles. I have to remove my gauge cluster like once a month. Now my stock one has all this tape and **** on it...anyone know how much the oem one will cost?? Will I have to buy an entirely new cluster?

thanks

------------------

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts

i hate that stupid cone of light.
you can see the gauges OK except for the brief time in the evening when you have your lights on but it's not really dark out.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fastmvr:
I was looking at some night pics of the regular NRs this morning. They cast an orange "cone" onto the white below the needles. Damned if I can find where those pics were. Try a search on this board.

www.nrauto.com $89 for regular / $116 el glo

[This message has been edited by fastmvr (edited May 01, 2001).]
</font>

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Schwett (or anyone else). Since the bulbs are in back of the gauges, where does that orange needle reflection come from? I.e. what is the light source??

I am hesitating to put in my whites because of the glow. Is it that bright or is the picture over exposed a bit?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts