Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5th Gen Prelude and installed my CAI, it only took 3 hours... :laugh: :rolleyes:

Now i've got the Type S valve cover and was wanting to put it on, my question here is... Do I need to drain my oil to install this or do i just take off all the bolts and go at it?

Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated :) Should i be doing something while i'm doing this?

Thanks guys, and please dont flame mez :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
no drain, just make sure to cover it up

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
dont need to do a oil change but be very carefully not to get anything inside the head when the cover is off...other than that you should be fine

·
`\ (^_^) /`
1,732 Posts
u should be fine. just be careful with what you're doing. dont drop any crap in there, watch out with the gasket for your valve cover and...just do everything back in reverse to put ur new one on.

·
Premium Member
1,002 Posts
and dont overtighten the bolts,it can cause leaks from your valve cover gasket,I think you torque it down to 18 ft/lbs

·
less whore than before
3,648 Posts
^^those botls snap reallllly easily. Just be careful with those and replace the valve cover gasket just to be on the safe side. You can usually reuse the old one, but if it's in somewhat rough shape you might as well replace it while your in there.

·
Boost Withdrawl... :(
6,152 Posts
its a good idea just to replace it while youre at it...

·
6,152 Posts
of course, get OEM, its a couple of bucks and peace of mind

·
6,152 Posts
ahhh just get some ARP stuff...should take care of it...and while youre at it might as well rebuild the motor too....lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts