Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah, that's what I am getting with the advice of Malken. (Yes, I know, can I kiss his ass anymore?) I see there are quite a few difference accessories that can go with the kit such as a remote bottle valve, a bottle heater, and a bottle blanket. Should I get any of this shizat? Specifically I want to know about the remote bottle valve...if I didn't have it, does that mean that every time I turn on and off the car I would have to open the trunk and turn the valve on the bottle?

Or how's this work...do most of you guys with small shots leave it on all the time so you're spraying on the street at WOT? That's my plan...does it sound reasonable? Or should I just wait until I need that extra 5.0 passing power and use the remote bottle valve?

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

[This message has been edited by jmcn (edited April 19, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Honestly, it all comes down to where you live. I live in Texas where the summer is 100 degrees++ about 90% of the time. So you dont need a bottle heater, same with a blanket. Remote bottle valve does come in handy so you can switch it off and on at will.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
hehehe, ive made mine so its accessible from the drivers position yet still able to hide in the trunk. its like a manual bottle opener all in the comfort of your drivers seat. il post pics soon... probably this coming monday.

i personally DO NOT leave it on all the time. i hate the idea of high pressured hoses being on all the time... so i just turn it on whenever i need to use it and turnit back off when im done.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I'd also recommend a purge kit. 1. Its the coolest thing about nitrous besides the added power 2. Draining the lines of all the nitrous when your done using it is a good safety step

·
Registered
268 Posts
How does the Dry kit add the additional fuel? Does it send a signal to the computer or the injectors? or does it run off of the O2 Sensor?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BottleFedLude:
I'd also recommend a purge kit. 1. Its the coolest thing about nitrous besides the added power 2. Draining the lines of all the nitrous when your done using it is a good safety step
</font>
i totally agree! my purge is SWEEEET!!!

JMCN: wait till i post pics this mondayish... ill show u all the N20 related stuff i have ready. then make ur decision on what extra stuff u need.

as for the warming products, it really depends where u live. im in so cal and no need for it at all.

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
38 Posts
what is an N02 purge???

do you have an external valve that sprays it into the air and people can see it??

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am going with the ZEX kit after a mechanic buddy of mine recommended it. It seems more fool proof than the NOS kit which is all mechanical. I am not getting a remote opener, but I will get a pressure gauge to tell how much nitrous is left in the bottle. Anyone who wants a kit see my post in the 4sale forum.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
'97 Prelude Type-SH

jmcn.com

·
Registered
327 Posts
Here is what I did, quite ingenious
Make a plate out of wood to mount the bottle on it, carpet it and make it look all nice, add a fake blow down tube in case you head to the track, then you are set. Keep your rear seat folded down w/ the plate sitting right behind your passenger seat. Stang pulls next to you, you simply reach over w/o him seeing of coarse, then smile when you pull away
Then if you need to fit four people in your ride or the cops pull you, you just slide the plate into the trunk, fold up the rear seat and you are set, best of both worlds. Here is a pic of the plate and bottle on my folded down rear seat:

If you want to know what a purge kit does, notice the white stuff spraying out of my engine bay

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nice pics! thanks. Aren't you worried at all about the safety of that set-up? I mean, you have a highly-pressurized bottle sitting directly behind you with no rear set-back to pretect you or anything.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
'97 Prelude Type-SH

jmcn.com

·
Registered
327 Posts
Nah, I am not too worried. Just don't get in an accident and everything will be fine
I would be just as worried to have a pressurized bottle in the trunk if someone were to hit you from behind. Always a little risk in everything. Good luck w/ whatever you choose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts