Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a F22b 2.2 sohc just put it in my car from a f22a 2.2 sohc and now there is no spark to the ignition coil or distributor I checked fuses and relays. I still haven’t checked all ground wires yet. Can anyone tell me what else to look for on why it’s not getting spark. My car is also a 96 for those who need to know. Also cranks over fine battery is holding charge no flickering lights or anything like that.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn’t read your post but I called jdm where I had bought the engine and they said that the Japanese engines don’t have a crank position sensor and that I would have to wire it to my distributor which I found a website that has the wiring needed to do so it’s called Rywire for those of you with this same issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I didn’t read your post but I called jdm where I had bought the engine and they said that the Japanese engines don’t have a crank position sensor and that I would have to wire it to my distributor which I found a website that has the wiring needed to do so it’s called Rywire for those of you with this same issue.
You're welcome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The bypass will get it to start but will not run right with stock OBD2 ECU unless you swap over the oil pump housing for the TDC/CKP sensors or Use OBD1 ECU and distributor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Plus that’s not even what I asked I said that it was not even getting spark to the coil or distributor but I found out why is because Japanese engines from japan don’t have a crank position sensor so therefore I had to bypass the crank position sensor to the distributor and eliminate the coil because the Japanese engines have an internal coil in the distributor. Anyways now it is getting spark and the fuel pump is turning on and pressurizing the fuel rail but when I turn the key the engine doesn’t crank over. On that note I jumped it by the starter and got it started and it ran fine. I would like to understand why it’s not cranking over when I turn the key though.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with ecu or oil pump seeing as I got it started and running fine by jumping the starter. Plus I checked all the fuses to see if that could be the problem with the ignition and it’s not nothing is blown everything is good on that end

·
Registered
94 Posts
I seriously doubt that it has anything to do with ecu or oil pump seeing as I got it started and running fine by jumping the starter. Plus I checked all the fuses to see if that could be the problem with the ignition and it’s not nothing is blown everything is good on that end
So you got it to work by jumping the starter? If you can start it by jumping the starter and the car runs fine then I would look more closely into this. What is in between the starter and ignition that is not letting you turn on your car? Maybe a cut wire or blown fuse?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I’ve checked literally all the fuses even ones that have nothing to do with ignition. I looked over my wires to make sure they were all plugged in which they were but I didn’t look for any cuts. I will do that though and let you know. Also I checked all ground wires already n

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dang this whole time the rubber stoppers that depress the clutch solenoid to let you start the car was the problem! A 3 dollar fix. How did you find out? Did you find the broken rubber pieces in the floor mat/carpet? Also, if the brake pedal one breaks your brake light will be on and could drain your battery quickly. I recently replaced the brake and one of the clutch rubber stoppers. For the brake light it was instant notice because when I parked, I luckily saw the brake lights on during the day and found the broken pieces in the carpet. In the clutch pedal there are two of them, and luckily the one that broke (shown in blue in the picture below) for me wasn't the one that didn't act as a kill switch so I didn't replace it right away, until I noticed the pieces in the carpet. Thanks for this update will help remind everyone that these 20+ years rubber pieces with time and heat they will harden and break like plastic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
F78D45D7-0B14-4209-91CD-4464B91530B7.jpeg
Found them at Autozone right on the shelf for those of you with this same problem it could be a cheap fix

1 - 20 of 20 Posts