Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i finally took my exhaust out today...sooooooooo unbelievably depressing when you go from a racing medallion back to stock. The whole time i was driving i kept thinking, my car sounds like that camry driven by that grandma in front of me...<sigh>

------------------

99' Pearl White Prelude
CF Hood
Mugen replica body kit (Front bumper getting repaired)
SFII front bumper
Neuspeed sport springs
Injen Intake, Racing medallion Exhaust
Apex'i V-AFC
Sony CDX-M650 head unit

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
sorry to hear about that... go get a evo or somthing then if its giving u tickets

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
PERFORMANCE MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -UR pulleys SS (3 piece)
-Apexi V-AFC -Autometer A/F gauge -Autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit *no more performance mods will be added*
NON-PERFORMANCE:
-Panasonic CQ-DF800U
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
957 Posts
Dont worry, grab a Apex N1 and use the silencer, its a nice exhaust, sounds nice too!

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
not that i'm a big fan of exhausts... but how come you pulled it?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jigglybutt:
Well i finally took my exhaust out today...sooooooooo unbelievably depressing when you go from a racing medallion back to stock. The whole time i was driving i kept thinking, my car sounds like that camry driven by that grandma in front of me...<sigh>

</font>

·
Premium Member
4,329 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by schwett:
not that i'm a big fan of exhausts... but how come you pulled it?
</font>
He was getting pulled over for it all the time, that's why.

------------------
Prelude forum moderator
Prelude FAQ
AIM: jmcn97
'97 Prelude Type-SH

'96 Integra GS-R (R.I.P.)
jmcn.com

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
I hate loud exhausts but like the gains my N1 gives me at top end. Seeing as I don't race on the streets, I use my silencer every day and I don't recieve any negative attention from Police. It also shows police that I am making an attempt to quiet down my exhaust and make their job easier.

------------------
14.6 @ 93.6mph with I/E

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Jigs, why didn't you just get a silencer for your TRM???

------------------

Pearl White
00'SS

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by malken00:
Mugen Exhaust =)</font>
Like he said! It may cost alot, but it sounds great, AND I guarantee no tickets from The Law

------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Get an APEX WS exhaust! 90% as good power as an N1 without ANY noise! Actually it is a barely audible low growl under 2k rpms, and after 2k you can't really hear it at all. I only hear engine noise - precisely the sound I want to hear. Also, the WS doesn't drone on the freeway, and the tip isn't overly huge, so it's not really a cop magnet. Plus, what is the cop gonna give you a ticket for anyway - the WS is way too quiet to be illegal. Just in case though - apex does offer a silencer for the WS also, but I can't actually imagine a case where that would be needed.

LLL

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok this part sucks, I drive around with the silencer all the time, I never take it out, yet I still get harassed where the cop typically says something along the lines of "do you know why I pulled you over? For your modified exhaust. Do you know you're not allowed to have that? Your car's loud..." This is all with the freakin silencer in, BOTH times!!!! So yeah I'm through with exhausts for now until I get some more money...it sucks but there isn't anything I can do about it. Gotta love california...anyone want a slightly used TRM?

------------------

99' Pearl White Prelude
CF Hood
Mugen replica body kit (Front bumper getting repaired)
SFII front bumper
Neuspeed sport springs
Injen Intake, Racing medallion Exhaust
Apex'i V-AFC
Sony CDX-M650 head unit

·
Registered
330 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear that Jiggly. Does everyone in Cali have to deal with that BS? Here in Chicago, I only have to deal with it in the suburbs, but in the city I'm ok, with or without the exhaust. Cops love pulling people over for tints on the front windows here. I ended up taking mine off, because I was tired of getting pulled over for, tints, exhaust, missing front license plate, illegal turn signals (mine are cleared out and I have hyper white bulbs), and whatever else the pigs could come up with instead of fighting real crimes. I feel your pain.

------------------

1999 Prelude Type SH

·
Registered
825 Posts
but i'm saying dont you just love that quiet sound? reminds me of a driving a new car

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Sorry to hear tat "Jiggles" my friend!

------------------
"drive fast, be yorself, and party till she's cute!

Originally posted by some canadian guy:
Like I said, Road trip - baseball bat

Originally posted by malken00:
Everyone has their own opinion, even if they're wrong.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Ahh yes and where has Mr Jigglesworth been lately? Did u finish him off in the jiggling show-down down at the ol' abandoned warehouse a couple weeks back?

------------------
"drive fast, be yorself, and party till she's cute!

Originally posted by some canadian guy:
Like I said, Road trip - baseball bat

Originally posted by malken00:
Everyone has their own opinion, even if they're wrong.

[This message has been edited by some canadian guy (edited April 15, 2001).]

·
Registered
507 Posts
Damn you guys need to move to Oklahoma, i have the RM and i never get pulled. Man they have Ford and Chevy trucks with no cats and these loud exhausts pipes roaring down the streets. Its so bad when they pull up next to me my car shakes!!!! God i cant wait ot get to N.C.!!!! To bad they smog!!

------------------

AIM</A> SensaiGen5

[This message has been edited by SensaiGen5 (edited April 16, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by SensaiGen5 (edited April 16, 2001).]

1 - 20 of 25 Posts