Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they say all season - the thing that they say they eliminate negative camber attracted me and they look sexy and very intimidating. I think they may match up with the paradas, maybe even do better in wet stuff. anyone else have ideas?

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
The only way that I can imagine that they would be able to "wear evenly on lowered cars with negative camber" would be to put really long-wearing rubber on the inside tread blocks. Rubber compounds that have long milage characteristics tend to be hard rubber. And hard rubber tends to not be sticky...

They are after all all-season rated tires. So the dry performance limits are probably pretty low to begin with...

Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
UBetterBelieveIt said:
is "Treadwear 280" good or bad? I never actually new what it meant.....
Treadware ratings are basically meaningless. Every tire manufacturer has their own treadware rating scale.

Andrew

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Man, I have to find out how much a set of those in 205 50 16 and 5zigen Titanium Fighters run together. I think I found my new rim and tire combo

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
i really dont see how putting on these tires will magically help with the camber? :confused:

·
Roar!
665 Posts
PreludePowerR said:
i really dont see how putting on these tires will magically help with the camber? :confused:
It doesn't I dunno where the ppl here got that idea.

"Designed to wear evenly on lowered cars with negative camber"
"multi-wave sipes are optimized to reduce irregular wear"

It doesn't actually change your camber. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
973 Posts
here's a idea....get a freaking alignment and camber kit and invest in some good tires, not some pos nittos.

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
^^ the argument behind the nittos is that by getting them....you don't need to spend the extra money on a camber kit an an alignment :rolleyes: the thing is....you should always get an alignment after lowering you car (I say this but I still haven't yet :( ) if you're low enough that you have bad camber an need a camber kit, then you should be spending the money on that instead of getting these tires to "save money" :rolleyes: :nono:

·
Drives a used Dodge
7,733 Posts
that camber thing isnt flying, how can it wear evenly on bad camber still, just doesnt compute.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts