Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
y0 ng
i mailed you about the zex kit awhile back and i was just curious how much and what all do i need/comes with the zex kit. The best ive seen is $490 on GBCenter, but i want purge, bottle heater, pressure gauge, etc. Where did you get yours and how much is what my question boils down too

My SS needs a lil more oomph

peace

------------------
98 Black Base SS

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
u emailed me? sorry i musta deleted thinking it was junk mail.

i got my Zex kit with zex plugs and a zex N20 pressure guage for $495 shipped. i got it awhile back in a groupbuy not in groupbuycenter.com. that place dont have a group buy for it anymore now and i dont remember their site exactly...

the kit comes with everything u need. i had to buy a few hoses caus the way i mounted the zex cpu, the supplied hoses were not long enough. hoses can be bought at any auto/hardware store. u also might need to extend the wires again depending where u mount the cpu.

I bought a NOS purge kit (has everything u need) for about $100 from summit racing. Zx currently does not have one but i heard they r working on it. the NOS parts fits on the Zex parts perfectly.

i dont have a bottle heater. u dont need one if u live with normal temp. unless ur area gets snow and stuff, then u might consider it. i dont think zex has a bottle heater. i do know NX does though.

pressure guage that mounts on the bottle came with my group buy.

so its $495 (zex kit)+ $100(NOS purge) + $25(wires and hoses and stuff) = $620.

i hope u have done alot of research and reading and know all the risks u r getting into when using N20 for your prelude.

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
CURENT MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -Apexi V-AFC -autometer A/F gauge -autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit
HAVE AND INSTALLING SOON:
-UR pulleys set SS

screen name: CBFORMULA

[This message has been edited by Ng Luder (edited April 05, 2001).]

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i've been looking/researching for the past 3 months on it. The only problem is that i dont want my tranny going out in a matter of months, and i know that all depends on the way that i use it. What are you doing to keep your tranny cool or keeping it from lasting a lot less longer? I mailed you awhile back asking you exactly how you use the zex kit, you sent me a nice, hefty size mail on the specifics

There really isnt anything I feel i can do to get some CONSIDERABLE power out of the SS, besides bolt ons...
Thanx for your time and help

peace

------------------
98 Black Base SS

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
how do i keep it from running my tranny dead?

just dont use it often. i rarely use mine. only time i did was to test it out. yet to have used it in a race. especially since i dont race much anyways. but its mind comforting to know u have access to power when u need it.

u can try getting a trany cooler. its basically an oil cooler used for yout tranny fluid. heat is what screws up our trannies. lowering the temp "can" help extend your tranny life. its quite some work to do this since no one makes a nice little kit for us to put in our ludes. i posted a thread on this. search for my name and tranny coolers as the subject or somthing.

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
CURENT MODS:
-AEM CAI (silver)-DC Sports CC 4-2-1 Headers
-Tanabe Racing Medalion -Apexi V-AFC -autometer A/F gauge -autometer EGT gauge -zex kit w/ plugs running 55 shots -NOS purge kit
HAVE AND INSTALLING SOON:
-UR pulleys set SS

screen name: CBFORMULA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts