Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright currently I have an OK sound system. Only thing is I want to get new subwoofers! Right now I currently have 2 12" pioneer champions - TS-W302R.
Now I want something that will bang harder then just 300 RMS! Since I am a big show car fan I want something more bigger and nicer. No I will not always be "banging" it 24/7 and blast my ears. Just something for the bass heads out there, since I am a big bass head fan.

So, Let me know what you think

Some ideas were to get:
2 12"or15" JL
2 12or15"" Rockford
Better 12"or15" Pioneers

I will be using enclosures too for a while until I find the PERFECT pair.

If anybody knows of any better brands let me hear them! Thank you!!
Btw, I highly doubt if anybody remembers me here.. But i recently got dynomat installed XD.

YouTube - 2 12" Pioneer w/ Nitro Amp
^Video of my current setup

·
Unregistered User
4,287 Posts
I just saw your video of your current set up and you are extremely far from show car status if that's what you want. I'm not sure how loud you want it or what you're trying to achieve for instance spl or do you care about sq.

I don't get your statement "I'll be using enclosures too for a while until I find the PERFECT pair." What does that mean? Unless you're running a free air subwoofer then you need to use an enclosure.

A lot of it is going to come down to your amp and box design. Tossing some subs into a any premade box isn't going to make use of the potential of a sub. You have a several options with box design depending on the type of woofer and what type of box you want to go with ie a seal, ported, bandpass. Each have their benefits and it all depends on what you want to achieve. Saying I want bass doesn't make it easy to suggest anything.

·
BB6'n till R34'n
6,093 Posts
^Yep, plus each sub will sound best if you use the manufactures specs on the volume of the box. Most companies has specs for a sealed, ported, and bandpass if not there are ways to calculate it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts