Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marsh said on honda-tech:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I also heard the new AEM design has an extended rubber section that goes through the fender so hole so there is no longer any cutting on the Gen 5.</font>
can anyone else confirm this?

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99Prelude_LC:
If mods are like drugs, then i'm addicted to o0OO0o. He's my hero :D</font>

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
Marsh said on honda-tech:
I also heard the new AEM design has an extended rubber section that goes through the fender so hole so there is no longer any cutting on the Gen 5.</font>
can anyone else confirm this?

I herd some of my buds talking about that. But I own a 4th gen so what do i know!!!

:p

------------------
"drive fast, be yorself, and party till she's cute!

Originally posted by some canadian guy:
Like I said, Road trip - baseball bat

Originally posted by malken00:
Everyone has their own opinion, even if they're wrong.

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
It all depends on how it works. Since if it's like the Iceman the area where it goes down into the fender has a smaller internal area and the air is being pulled at a faster rate and then hits the "low speed" air in the wider section of the intake. Which isn't the best for performance.

I don't know why cutting is all that big of a deal, it took me about 30 min with a grinder bit and a drill. Putting it back to stock is simple since the bottom part of the stock intake is bolted down.

~Doug

·
Registered
419 Posts
i ghetto-rigged my own rubber protection thingies... but its really horrible looking and someone should shoot me for having done that.

------------------
-Eric
97 Nordic Mist Prelude

while i go take more.. "pleasing" pictures you'll just have to deal with this one. now wheres that dig. cam?

[This message has been edited by etherealude (edited April 20, 2001).]

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
its funny how everyone cut a larger hole. All I did was take some pliers and bend the opening downward not even a half of an inch and that worked fine. Took me ummm.. 10 seconds?

why do they have to come out with a new one that most likely hinders performance on an already low budget/low hp gaining intake?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts