Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been seeing that new commercial from Turtle Wax? The one wear one color of wax can go over chips, etc? I just Zaino'd the hell out of my car over the weekend and have more chips on my milano red lude than I'd like to see everyday. I'm thinking about giving it a shot. I really like the "pen" idea they have, too

------------------
99 SH Lude-San Marino Red
OEM Carbon Fiber Interior
NR Auto Indiglos Gauges

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
dont bother with it. it doesnt work. you might just as well buy touchup paint for the chips.

------------------
00 Black Lude
Full Gold Trim Kit,including exhaust tips
Gold tint

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
yea dont do it! turtle wax sucks no matter how much they can improve. and dont fall for those stupid pens products, everyone knows its bull.

get this
:

------------------

Crystal Blue 99' SS Lude (born on 7/1/99)~when i got it
POWER OF THE SS BABY!
SS= Super Snail!!
There i go...
screen name: CBFORMULA

·
Registered
210 Posts
my experience has been that turtle wax (the cheap stuff) works better than meguiars gold class wax (which is like 4x more $$).

i waxed left side with one and right side with the other. and after 5 washes meguiar was gone. turtle wax was still working. after a total of 9 washes, the turtle wax finally wore off.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I've tried the pens on 2 occasions. On a maroon car, it just made the scratch pink. On my black car, it didn't even stay in the scratch. Maybe Turtle Wax has miraculously made it work, but I don't trust them much.

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mr_lude2000:
my experience has been that turtle wax (the cheap stuff) works better than meguiars gold class wax (which is like 4x more $$).

i waxed left side with one and right side with the other. and after 5 washes meguiar was gone. turtle wax was still working. after a total of 9 washes, the turtle wax finally wore off.

</font>
To each their own but I think your on glue!

I've used all sorts of stuff and Meguires works as good or better then anything else I've ever used. I personally think their Hi-tech yellow lasts longer then the Gold Class but it doesn't seem to hold that shine as well.

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mr_lude2000:
i waxed left side with one and right side with the other. and after 5 washes meguiar was gone. turtle wax was still working. after a total of 9 washes, the turtle wax finally wore off.</font>
sounds like one of those "Dura-Shine" commercials on TV

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by badmuthrfkr:
I'd be taking her to a nice italian restaurant because italian food is my favorite so even if the date goes sour, at least I got to eat something I love.</font>

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
Originally posted by mr_lude2000:
i waxed left side with one and right side with the other. and after 5 washes meguiar was gone. turtle wax was still working. after a total of 9 washes, the turtle wax finally wore off.</font>
sounds like one of those "Dura-Shine" commercials on TV

hey hey! dont bad mouth durashine!!
really though, that was my first "wax" i ever bought and used for my lude. shine wise it looked the same as new... since it was still relatively new and still is... but that water sheeting stuff they claim DOES WORK! seriously, its sweet to see water sheet off. and it lasts a hella long time, but not evenly... like som parts its still there but some parts dont. so u get sheeting in some parts and others dont. but it still is a dang good product IMO.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I'll agree Turtle Wax does last a while, but it doesn't create as good a shine on a slightly damaged finish (as in a couple years or more) as multiple step Meguiars stuff will. And I suppose Turtle Wax is easier to put on than 3 different cleaners/polishers/waxers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I tried it.. just because. The pen thing that looks like lipstick is pretty sketchy. It worked alright on a deep scratch I had in my door, but I think it made a chip on my hood even bigger. The problem with it is that the stuff is almost like a hard plastic and you have to put a lot of pressure on it to grab. Don't waste your money, or your time for that matter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts