Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just introducin myself since I just signed up. I regularly post on SHO, and noticed a lot of the same cats posting here, and the more prelude peeps to give and recieve ideas, advice, and help, the better. So here I am.

Peace

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
Mr Joon525's newbie handbook:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
Welcome young man, let me start of with a few tips to using this site
  • http://honda-acura.net/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=A%3A000004&SUBMI T=Go go read EVERY WORD in EVERY thread on there FIRST. Do it right now and you'll find a lot of answers to the questions you have now and the answers to questions you'll have later.
  • http://www.helminc.com/helm/product2.asp?Style=&Sku=61S3001&item type=N&mscsid=2AS3R9XC6FSR2MCU00A3HVE05BKNC567 go there and BUY THAT BOOK RIGHT NOW. I SAID RIGHT NOW. That is the BIBLE in regards to your car. It shows you how the car is built, how to do routine maintenance and provides so much knowledge that it'll be the BEST 60 bucks you ever spent on the car. I am NOT joking here. You ABSOF*CKINGLUTELY need this shop manual.
  • If you flame on this board I will either lock your post, edit your post and make you look stupid or delete it altogether. So be kind. You'll see that I am kinda harsh on people but I mean it in a good way. The other moderators are pretty strict as well. The Prelude forum of Honda-Acura.net is probably the most strict out of all of the forums so the sh*t that flies in the other forums probably won't fly here.

Enjoy your stay man.
One more word of advice though.....do NOT NOT NOT NOT even THINK about a turbo or supercharger this early. Way too early for you. Good things come to those who wait. Oh and nice girl you got there.

Welcome.

</font>

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jmcn:
I'm a cheap bastard. What else can I do?
</font>

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o0OO0o: just because im new, doesnt mean im clueless
but thanks for the advice =] and im not the type to flame or any of that bull****.

Im not considering going super/turbocharged, 1, because i dont have the money 2, the JRSC isnt gonna be done for my car till this summer, which really means probably by the end of the year 3, i just got my car in june, and ive already got **** planned out

as far as performance goes, im going to get a header next, probably an exhaust (RS*R if i can get my hands on one for less than $600, APEXi w/s, or a Greddy PE) im more for the sleeper, quiet exhaust) then after that a V-AFC to smooth out my powerband. I am probably not gonna go too much further for money reasons, i assume im like everyone else - addicted to mods
so im sure ill never stop. I am actually considering the Zex nitrous kit (55 shot) although i feel that sipping nitrous is cheap/cheating, it seems safe and can quench my thirst for speed.

As for looks, i am sticking with my rims for now (wish i knew what kind they were, the guy before me put them on) I am going to get a bodykit (dont hate) and a 3pc mid wing spoiler.

Suspension- buyin the prokit this week hopefully, since my stock shocks will last quite a bit ill have time to save up for some koni yellows. i need the rear lower strut bar, and might eventually get the rear sway bar.

As for now, i have a crack in my flex hose in front of my cat, so i *NEED* to get my header soon.

Peace (sorry if i got a little out of hand and accidentally wrote a biography)

ill post some pics later on

·
Registered
825 Posts
hey 935 drag lude, are you the one that has the veilside lude with the orange flames? used to be navy blue with Type R headlight conversions?

------------------
KQ
98 Pearl White SH
92 Baby Blue S (sold)

·
Registered
11,003 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99prelude:
welcome

new members gotta buy the veterans some new "equipment" for their ludes...its the initiation and you can start with me

</font>
yes... new mugen parts for everyone! but only for those w/ 1500+ posts...

btw, welcome.

[This message has been edited by imagepree (edited April 25, 2001).]

·
used to sell mix tapes
5,446 Posts
wu tang
wu tang
wu tang

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
Welcome.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Welcome wutang!!!

Joon's newbie catechism RULES!!! Will there be a testicle later?

------------------
My new mechanic

·
Registered
11,229 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by imagepree:
yes... new mugen parts for everyone! but only for those w/ 1500+ posts...
</font>
Damn, looks like I've got to start posting my ass off then

------------------
Got VTEC? I don't.
92 Prelude Si BONE stock
**[email protected] at LACR so 15.5 at Pomona**

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by axemansean:
People beauty is just a light switch away.
</font>

1 - 18 of 18 Posts