Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey have any of you who have an aftermarket rear sway bar noticed a reduction in suspension noise? I put my ST bar in yesterday and I think the noises have died down a lot. I just want to check to see if it's just my imagination.

------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
603 Posts
Joon, It just may be the suspension set up your have on your car.

I've seen and heard people tell me about the same stuff you did and noises go away.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OOHLAH:
Joon, It just may be the suspension set up your have on your car.

I've seen and heard people tell me about the same stuff you did and noises go away.
</font>
Interesting. I'm totally not complaining....the noises are still there but they are much, MUCH quieter and happen much less often.



------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,714 Posts
Maybe it was the stock rollbar, its bushings and connectors making a lot of the noise(??) I don't know, but if so then I want anti-roll bars even more now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
997 Posts
The thump has stopped ever since the weather got warmer. On an install note, i put in my zetas this weekend and also soundproofed the rear of the cabin. Lemme say putting those panels back on w/the added stuffing is a BIG PITA. I haven't road tested it yet but it betta be a BIG difference. Just waiting to get mah jdm fogs now. Guess what i'll be doing this weekend?


------------------
2000 Type SH
Wanted: Type S Intake Chamber

FOR SALE: Pirelli Ice Assymetrical Snow Tires Mounted/Balanced on 5th Gen. Base Rims.
Used for 2k miles. $600+shipping.
New JDM H3C bulbs $50
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 99prelude:
how is the bar? </font>
There is a noticable difference ALTHOUGH I have yet to push it really hard. I installed it at a friend's house so on my way home I had a jack and a ton of other things in the car so it's not like I could take turns fast. On the way to work this morning I couldn't push it either as there was traffic. If I leave work early today I'll be able to push it a bit more. But even with mild turns I felt the car was more stable with less roll.

Oh yeah........thank you Dr. James.


------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,530 Posts
Joon -

The DC strut bar actually reduced the small squeaks from the rear of my car and has prevented the metal on metal noise in the back also. the noise used to come back every couple days, but I havent even heard any noises from the back since I installed the bar. seems to have tightened everything a little better or something. maybe I should get the swaybar too.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by vabeach_lude:
Joon -

The DC strut bar actually reduced the small squeaks from the rear of my car and has prevented the metal on metal noise in the back also. the noise used to come back every couple days, but I havent even heard any noises from the back since I installed the bar. seems to have tightened everything a little better or something. maybe I should get the swaybar too.
</font>
Man I wish my lower tie bar did something other than reflect headlights.


------------------
AOL IM: Joon525

[email protected]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
507 Posts
OHHHHHHH Hell yeah i noticed and felt a difference. the day i put them on. I am proabably the only ludein oklahoma that drives the hell out of his car, and i tell you it was like the difference between sleeping with Tori Spelling, and Hillary Clinton
. Well worth the money. I have to accelerate into the turns when before i was afraid of hitting the curb!!

------------------
 

·
retired
Joined
·
7,431 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by SensaiGen5:
OHHHHHHH Hell yeah i noticed and felt a difference. the day i put them on. I am proabably the only ludein oklahoma that drives the hell out of his car, and i tell you it was like the difference between sleeping with Tori Spelling, and Hillary Clinton
. Well worth the money. I have to accelerate into the turns when before i was afraid of hitting the curb!!

</font>
i don't think there would be much difference sleeping with either hilary or tori
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,889 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Joon525:
DY101 and 5thGenSensai (or something like that)??? You guys notice anything different?</font>

You bet your ass I felt a hell of a difference, i can take turns so much faster and push it harder. i dont think it made my shock knock go away, but i thihnk it was the warmer weather reduced the ammount of thumping. It was the best $120 i ever spent.


------------------

99 Pearlwhite Sportshift
15.45 @ 92.37
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,808 Posts
I want to get one too, but kinda scared in inducing too much oversteer...my car already tends to kick out the rear as is...and i dunno if i want to get into playing with tire pressures and all that for street use. Hmm... ??

Less roll would definitely be nice tho


------------------

·-÷• [email protected] •÷-·
'*·-÷• HA Chat ·-=-· Prelude FAQ •÷-·*'
'•Video clip from Gen-X Cops of Jaymee•'
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DYI01:

You bet your ass I felt a hell of a difference, i can take turns so much faster and push it harder. i dont think it made my shock knock go away, but i thihnk it was the warmer weather reduced the ammount of thumping. It was the best $120 i ever spent.
</font>
I was referring to the noises not the performance....on the way home today I did feel a difference...pretty cool. The car doesn't take turns PERFECTLY level but it has a lot less body roll.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,714 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by OvaDaLimiT:
I want to get one too, but kinda scared in inducing too much oversteer...

</font>
Yeah, I'm kind of worried about that too, mine is pretty neutral as it is so it might oversteer too much for the street if I just put the rear in. I'm thinking I'll have to get both ST bars or none. Probably none until I've had a chance to really get a feel for it at the limit on a track (instead of not realizing an off-ramp has really bad decreasing radius or something).
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,808 Posts
Yah...maybe my slight oversteering thing is just me being trying to go too fast and throwing weight on the front end (throttle lift induced oversteer??). I dunno...i want more track time instead of on onramps also
If you wanna play you gotta pay
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
507 Posts
Joon525
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Sensai did you notice any reduction in noises from the suspension?</font>
To be honest the shock knock got LOUDER when i put the sway's on and lowered it, its getting on my damn nerves, one of these weekends i am going to fix it!!


------------------


Rick Hunter.. Da man!!

AIM SensaiGen5
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top