Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vroooom
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New JDM headlights! Need help with the wiring please

After searching for JDM headlights for years, I finally a found a pair locally... AND for an awesome price... $100 for the pair :) they were pretty beat up, but i cleaned them up very nicely...

Looking at normal pics of JDM headlights, the back of mine look different...
and then I started to wonder.... did the bulbs come with mine? It looks like they did! If I didn't want to use the JDM bulbs, how do I get the darn things out? They don't seem to twist off as easily as the USDM harnesses

what they look like without bulbs.. (not my lights)

What my lights look like....

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
Yea those are the right bulbs. The rubber boot comes off and the little metal latch underneath holds down each bulb. Do you have the harnesses to convert the USDM wiring to JDM?

·
Vroooom
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, i don't :( I've looked at the writeup on this site, but there's no real instructions HOW to do it without the harness. People say you need this and that.. but thats all they say.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
they have the harness on passwordjdm.com if you dont think you can wire it.

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
Yea you need the harnesses since the bulbs are different

·
Vroooom
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right. So, the harness that should plug into those metal connectors is what I need? The passwordjdm harness connects to those prongs? I'm looking at the pics of the harness and trying to make sure it will connect TO the headlight connections, or of it needs to connect to the harness that I don't have

·
Registered
91 Posts
And why is it that everyone has to have the JDM headlights rather than another type like depo projectors? Theres not that much difference from stock, really just black housing around lights and theyre one piece. better price maybe. the important thing is that the whole car and my tires were built in Japan I can live with having the headlights made somewhere else as long as they are good.

·
Vroooom
633 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
placed the order... good to go. Just to clarify... the circled piece will plug directly into the metal prongs on the lights, right?

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
And why is it that everyone has to have the JDM headlights rather than another type like depo projectors? Theres not that much difference from stock, really just black housing around lights and theyre one piece. better price maybe. the important thing is that the whole car and my tires were built in Japan I can live with having the headlights made somewhere else as long as they are good.
Can you speak to the fit of the depo lights? OEM is the best because it fits, and many here have purchased aftermarket to find out that the fit is not as good. Also, the JDM lights have the nice horizontal lines in the clear lens, which I think is a nice added detail.

Thanks for posting the link for the conversion harness. I will be upgrading my headlights come spring. Any tips on clearing the lenses?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts