Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey ive decided i want to remove the H's on the hood and bumper of my car but idk hiw i would get a smooth finish for painting where the pegs are

·
Premium Member
3,032 Posts
The H is held in by two pegs into basically a molly. Once removed it leaves 2 approx 1cm holes behind. You're going to fill the holes with bondo or similar product after rough sanding the interior side of the hood through the hood latch or however you can get access to stuff in the bondo from the back side. Then cut down the excess and find something with a similar diameter to wrap some sand paper around and sand the bondo flat. The painting side is just about if you want to leave the stock finish intact or if you're area sanding or respraying or wrapping the whole hood. With cars this old it's going to be really hard to have an exact paint match (they don't even fade evenly) so it's easier to blend on a bigger area. Could be just taping off the two bondoed hole area and spraying color then clear then wetsanding until it's even with the existing paint but it will look different up close. The more expensive way is to sand and spray the area then blend it into the existing hood but that's probably not for anyone but a bodyshop that is confident in mixing their own paints.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts