Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boooooiiii let me tell you finding parts is not easy and I can never get a direct answer from the multiple forums on the web. So hear I am hoping someone knows anything at this point about swaps.

I have a H23A in my Prelude and while working on replacing the clutch I noticed how terrible the bushings looked (God awful if I do say myself)! Doing some investigative research on the mighty interwebz has left me empty handed as most bushing kits are only for Type SH models. After checking the forums for fitment. The same results popped up stating a big phat NO on the use of SH bushings on the Base Prelude.

So to cut to the chase...can I swap accord, civic or any other Honda/Acura models bushings to fit my Prelude? And if not, what about knuckle and suspension swaps?

Thanks in advance!

-Yashin

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What bushings exactly are you looking for?
The entire Prelude unfortunately. While taking of the front axles I noticed the bushings in the wheel well were looking like a baboon's rear end. Upon further inspection of the vehicle it looks like they were the OEM rubber bushings throughout the car. I'd rather replace everything then find out later down the line that a bushing elsewhere needs replacing. But if you or anyone else can help that would be greatly appreciated.

I know it's going to be a lot of work 😅

-野心

·
Registered
22 Posts
Somebody correct me if im wrong, but the only things that I know of that are different are ball joints and radius rods, aside from the dimensions of some parts. I dont think the bushings are different.

What I would do is order the SH kit from amazon. Compare the parts, and if they dont match up, just return it. Amazon takes everything back no problem.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Somebody correct me if im wrong, but the only things that I know of that are different are ball joints and radius rods, aside from the dimensions of some parts. I dont think the bushings are different.

What I would do is order the SH kit from amazon. Compare the parts, and if they dont match up, just return it. Amazon takes everything back no problem.
O wow awesome! Thanks for that tip. I planned on doing that originally, but a lot of older post kept saying SH wouldn't fit at all. But, if anyone else wants to chime in on this please do.

-野心

1 - 5 of 5 Posts