Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i just bought my second lude the first a 91. i have a couple of items that need to be worked.
1. it's has 110K miles needs new t-belt. i have one on order but i really want to drive it. do you think i'll be ok for a couple of weeks until i get it replaced?

2. the radio. it is an old kenwood, and when you open the pass door it turns off and back on. and it does it again when you try to turn on the dome light which doesn't work BTW.

Any help would be great thanks guys

·
Chevy 350 swapped Prelude
3,182 Posts
Yeah man, it probably wouldn't break to be honest, but is risking needing a new engine, or at the very least a bunch of damage really worth it?

That is a lot to put on the line just for some joyrides. Now, if you need it as your only daily driver car, then, well, I guess you've left yourself with no choice, haven't you?

Good luck. P.S.-you make it sound as if you're gonna do the T-belt yourself, are you?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i am going to look real hard at doing it myself. my local guy here wants 4.5 hrs to complete the job at 80 dollars an hour. 360 dollars plus 200 for the complete kit with water pump. if i do it will be my first honda timing belt. but i have rebuilt engines and trannys in the past.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are you saying that it needs a new T Belt based on the miles, or is there another sign/symptom. If you are basing it on the miles, I would say that you are ok driving it around until the parts come in. If it has other symptoms, then don't drive it at all. My timing belt was replaced around 80k, but that was just because the CAM gear itself shattered, so I went ahead and did water pump ect.

Best of luck, enjoy the prelude

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just miles

Are you saying that it needs a new T Belt based on the miles, or is there another sign/symptom. If you are basing it on the miles, I would say that you are ok driving it around until the parts come in. If it has other symptoms, then don't drive it at all. My timing belt was replaced around 80k, but that was just because the CAM gear itself shattered, so I went ahead and did water pump ect.

Best of luck, enjoy the prelude

it is just the miles that make me want to change it. it just sucks it cost so much

·
Registered
243 Posts
$560 is a deal.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts