Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Honda Saitama plant is where all Preludes used to be built. Now with Prelude production apparently ceased, the new Interga/RSX will be built there instead...

Here's a link to the Japan Honda site officially announcing the new Integra...
http://www.honda.co.jp/news/2001/integra-4010413b.html

Here's that same page in a Japanese to Engrish translator:
http://www.excite.co.jp/world/url/?wb_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.honda.co.jp%2Fnews%2F2001%2Fintegra-4010413b.html&submit=%83E%83F%83u%83y%81%5B%83W%96%7C%96%F3&wb_lp=JAEN&wb_dis=2&wb_co =excitejapan

It looks like if the Prelude is to return to Honda's line up at some future point, it will have to find a new home to be built in...

That new JDM Integra Type R looks pretty sweet IMHO, though!
220hp 2.0l, Recaro front seats, Momo steering wheel, and Brembo brakes...

Andrew

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
the new "in TEGURA"!!!
thanks

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by atlxchink:
BEECH! :D Your a corrupt mod I tell ya! :D ........You're my hero :D</font>

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:
the new "in TEGURA"!!!
thanks

</font>
I told you it was Japanese to Engrish...
Actually I was surprised at how good the translation is for a free web filter. At least you can read it and get the idea, even though it's far from grammatically correct...

Andrew

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
yeah the translation was helpful, thanks

now i'm having a hard time convincing myself that the lude is better...

my lude is better my lude is better my lude is better my lude is better my lude is better my lude is better my lude is better my lude is better my lude is better my lude is better my lude is better my lude is better my lude is better my lude is better.....

------------------

·
Registered
338 Posts
Since I wasn't able to get the translation, it looks sweet.

When is this new Type-R supposed to be here in US?
2.0L with 220hp and still front wheel drive not RWD with the powerplant from S2000?

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
As much as I haven't liked the Rs-X from the other photos I love THAT car. I need one!

Man I can't wait for the JRSC for that car

·
Registered
9,437 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 98SHDiamond:
Since I wasn't able to get the translation, it looks sweet.</font>
here you go:

"A new style "in TEGURA" prototype is announced.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Honda announced the new style in TEGURA domestic specification prototype in accordance with Acura "RSX" announcement of New York international automobile show. New style in TEGURA carries 2.0L "i-VTEC" engine, and sets up two types of 220H.P. TYPE-R and 160H.P. iS. The standard equipment of exclusive SUPOIRA, the front brake system made from brembo, the front bucket seat made from RECARO, the MOMO leather winding byway steering wheel, etc. is carried out, and TYPE-R serves as the model which can enjoy a more sporty run. Sale is planning the beginning of July, 2001.

The production factory of new style in TEGURA is changed into the Saitama factory from the conventional Suzuka factory. By production constitution reform which it ages 1996 and Honda is tackling, flexible SHIBIRITI of this between lines improves and it becomes possible from the exclusive investment in a new model having been cut down etc. "

------------------

·
Registered
666 Posts
hmmm it kinda looks like a celica

------------------
98 FBP Prelude SS
AEM Intake
Eibach Pro-kit
Koni Yellows
Neuspeed Strut Bar
32 Tint all around

·
Premium Member
13,753 Posts
Hmmm, if the Recaro, Brembo, Momo components and so on carry over, I don't know if I would keep my car any longer...and then there's the Nissan Z coming out soon too!

Those pictures look ALOT better than the earlier auto show pics.

------------------
AIM screename: jsarino
'99 Ficus Green Pearl Type SH:
AEM cai, DC Sports SS header, Mugen exhaust, RH Evo CP-035s, GC/Konis, Spoon bars, and more!

·
Premium Member
3,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ummm... I just noticed something else about that page...

Interga Type R with A/C = 1180kg = only 2600lbs!!! I had no idea that the new Integra/RSX would be that light! Just looking at pictures, I was thinking it would weigh at least 2800lbs...

2600lbs. + 217hp + close ratio 6spd = fookin' fast!!

For reference, just think about this - It will have about the same power/weight ratio as an LS1 Z28 Camaro!! On top of that, I have a feeling that it will handle slightly better than a Camaro too...

Andrew

·
User Account Disabled
5,736 Posts
for some reason, I think america will get the short end of the stick again, i.e. no recaros, stock steering wheel, etc....

·
Premium Member
4,863 Posts
I'm still seeing and hearing rumors that there may be a Sports Coupe replacement for the Prelude. It may not be called the Prelude, but it would be targeting the same buyers.

Most of you already have heard this also, its based on the S2000 platform and it will have RWD.

We can only hope its true.

From the rumors its said to have a 2.2 liter version of the S2000's motor, just bigger. Same internal set up, just punched out .2 liter.

·
Registered
554 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by o0OO0o:

[This message has been edited by o0OO0o (edited April 13, 2001).]
</font>
Nice looking, I like the lights, though I will say that the front looks similar to the Chrysler 300M

1 - 20 of 37 Posts