Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im new to this site and wanted to introduce myself. Im 16 years old. I live in Liberty township, ohio. I bought a 95 prelude se on thanksgiving and have been slowly adding things to it. I want to keep it clean. here is whats done so far. alpine headunit, amp, and speakers, amber corner lights, header, and have a front lip that should be here any day. Here are some pics of the car. I am also wanting to paint my valve cover. what color do you guys think would look good but is different. Thanks any tips or advice are appreciated.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
im not one to put any money whatsoever into a stereo system but thats cool if you wanna. i personally since i too have the h23a1 motor wouldnt bother painting the valve cover, you should just save up for a jdm h22a and paint that one something like type r red. ;)

also about the corners, you shoulda looked around for some jdm 1 piece headlights or if you like the amber corners theres also the eudm 1 piece headlights which has amber corners. just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Looks just like my first Prelude I bought when I was 16! What great condition you got it in. Looks great man, hope you enjoy your time with it. It would be really cool to find an artist to do some type of design that is personal to you for the valve cover, whether you want it to be a simple one-tone or something a little more detailed. Anyways, sweet ride and look forward to see what you do with it.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
if you dont care for it all sell it and use the money for other things, if your mildly satisfied with the ol h23 for now maybe get some suspension parts, that makes a prelude look so much better when its lower, i love my tein shocks/springs.

·
The Cheeze
1,704 Posts
Great looking car man. VERY clean it appears. One you get the lip, give a decent drop, 1-1.5 inches or so. Those OEM headlights look to be in good shape, but the JDM ones look sick on 4th gens if you can grab a pair at some point. Id say leave the stereo stuff there. Looks like a nice set up and isnt over stated or anything.

You should join ohpoc.org (Ohio Honda Prelude Owners Community). There is a good group of us that hang out a lot. Especially in the Columbus area. Where about in Liberty are you? I live off of Sawmill Rd near Hard Rd and 270. My roommate Chris is another long time ohpoc member with a nice Prelude.

·
Vroooom
633 Posts
looks real nice man! good find!!

My reccomendation would be keep it clean, keep it simple, keep it fairly stock. The "rice/ice/fast&furious" look is very outdated. The theme these days is clean and simple. I'd say paint the valve cover, but paint it black again! Make it look new again to match that nice header you have! Find some high-temp engine paint that has texture to it. It'll come out great, and do THIN coats.

+1 on JDM headlights... and keep those rims, they're nice lookin

1 - 10 of 10 Posts