Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have purchased a pair of Hella Optilux Xenon bulbs that are currently in my low-beam position. I have not yet had a chance to drive the car at night so I will have to wait for a while to see how they work. I will report back with how they are. They do seem to warm up the housing so I put one factory bulb back in and the stock ones also heat up pretty good. I do not want to damage the housing.

I chose them over the Koito bulbs because they have a lifetime warranty. And they could be purchased locally in London whereas the Koito's were in Toronto. They were both the same price.

------------------
1999 Honda Prelude Base 5-Speed. Crystal Blue Metallic.

"Faster and faster until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death."

·
Registered
800 Posts
Did Hella start producing Optilux bulbs again? They quit making them becasue they had the lifetime warranty and a lot of the bulbs were buring out. Hella though it might have been in their production process so they shut down that line and were going to redesign it.

I have the Optilux bulbs in my lows as well. I've had them for six months and have had no problems yet.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gabe:
Did Hella start producing Optilux bulbs again? They quit making them becasue they had the lifetime warranty and a lot of the bulbs were buring out. Hella though it might have been in their production process so they shut down that line and were going to redesign it.

I have the Optilux bulbs in my lows as well. I've had them for six months and have had no problems yet.

Gabe

</font>
What do you think of them? Is there a difference from the stock ones. Just asking as I have yet to try them.

The place in London has quite a few on the shelf. I do not know if they are a current run or were the older ones. The price was right, same as the Koito's.

·
Registered
800 Posts
They're pretty good, they're not hid or anything but they light up the road enough to where I can see it
. They're pretty good bulbs for the price.

Gabe

------------------
97 Prelude
see it here:Hondaprelude.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts