Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I want to be a raper
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, came across some interesting facts today while i was trying to install the polished neuspeed strut bar i just got

i have Tein HAs with pillowball mounts and the pillows come with extra knobs (there are three normal and two extra ones that are usually covered up by a black sticker when the car is stock) making a total of 5 knobs, well the extra two knobs i guess are tehre for even more reinforcement......thats.......if you got the right strut bar to go with it

just to let you guys nkow, neuspeed strut bars DO NOT work with the the tein pillows and I don't think DC sports or any of the other brands would either due to those extra threaded rods, perhaps a brand that supports tein pillows would but neuspeed definitely does not

oh well, time to put it up in the classifieds i guess

·
"PO Doc"
1,484 Posts
The type s strut bar would work with the extra mounts. Let me know if you would like me to get one for you.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
I believe the Spoon bars are setup to work w/ the teins also.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Those extra studs are removable.

·
PO.Com's E-Pimpologist
3,352 Posts
hmmm i thought the neurspeed mounted on the control arms, so i take it the pillow mount removes those?

·
I want to be a raper
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
you can't get to the control arms because the metal in the engine bay is in the way, unless you cut a hole through the engine bay and besides, stiffening the control arm can have disastrous consequences im pretty sure

no, strut bars are strut bars specifically because they attack to the top of your struts

and how are those studs removable? they are built into the pillows

·
Registered
201 Posts
ice1cube said:
and how are those studs removable? they are built into the pillows
Grab a hammer and hit it once with some force. It will pop right out the bottom. If you ever need to reinstall them put it back in the hole and tighten it back down with the screw until it doesn't come back out again.

·
I want to be a raper
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
D-Town SH said:

Grab a hammer and hit it once with some force. It will pop right out the bottom. If you ever need to reinstall them put it back in the hole and tighten it back down with the screw until it doesn't come back out again.
can i do this with the pillows mounted or do i have to take the pillows off?

and i dont understand the reinstall procedure?

·
Registered
200 Posts
you can't get to the control arms because the metal in the engine bay is in the way, unless you cut a hole through the engine bay and besides, stiffening the control arm can have disastrous consequences im pretty sure
Ummm... the neuspeed bar attatches to the studs from the control arms that stick up into the engine bay... not to the studs for the strut.

·
I want to be a raper
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
XLerate9 said:

Ummm... the neuspeed bar attatches to the studs from the control arms that stick up into the engine bay... not to the studs for the strut.
i'm not sure if you've ever worked on your suspension but those studs that stick out are NOT from the control arm

those studs sticking through the holes are your pillow mounts that cap the spring to keep it from coming off of your struts...

control arms have nthing to do with this

·
I want to be a raper
2,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
oh and yeah dtownsh, i jacked the car up and took a look at the thing and hit it with a hammer and voila! it popped out!

it was a hassle getting the bar to fit though, had to jack up the front of the car and use some force but yeah it worked!!

took it out for a test drive and WOW i have insane understeer now...i took this turn that i usually take pretty fast and gassed it a little coming out of it and there was some maddddddddd understeer, almost drifted into the opposite lane lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts