Honda Prelude Online banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a used neuspeed header on ebay... I got it for a good price so I couldn't pass it up. It's for my H23. I know they quit making them... and people don't report very good gains from the DC sports header... but I was wondering if the neuspeed header is any good? I have been pleased with neuspeed products so far, I have a front strut bar and I'm lowered on sport springs...anyone out there have the header? Like it?

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Im pretty sure you bid over me for that header...
I am oging ot have to thank you on that one tooo.... Engine blew sunday! No more H23 for me!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
People dont report very good gains from DC header? That was the best mod i did on my h23 and i have dyno plots saying that header puts out 7+whp/ and that alot when it comes to a prelude.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright well I heard that neuspeed is pretty much the same as the DC since I posted that... so I'm glad you got power out of yours. I Already have a AEM CAI and Tanabe racing medallion exhaust... so hopefully I'll see some gains. And jtcdudeman... sorry to hear that you blew your engine... but now you can go vtec... and I'm glad I outbid you too:)

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
Fast&furiuslude said:
People dont report very good gains from DC header? That was the best mod i did on my h23 and i have dyno plots saying that header puts out 7+whp/ and that alot when it comes to a prelude.
I don't know...as soon as one person bags on one company's product, everybody on this site hops on the bandwagon and starts badmouthing that company. A while back, everybody and their mother was saying that the DC header was the bomb.

J

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
cantdrive55 said:

Mine is OK. I got alright gains I guess, but the quality is average at best IMO. I wish GReddy made a header for us.
This last fact is part of why I'm doing my headswap hopefully this summer...more parts options.

J

·
Registered
251 Posts
XLerate9 said:
Alright well I heard that neuspeed is pretty much the same as the DC since I posted that... so I'm glad you got power out of yours. I Already have a AEM CAI and Tanabe racing medallion exhaust... so hopefully I'll see some gains. And jtcdudeman... sorry to hear that you blew your engine... but now you can go vtec... and I'm glad I outbid you too:)
you outbid me for it also...you should see a decent gain w/the CAI and the exhaust you have. I've got the AEM CAI and GReddy PE exhaust. I'm looking for a cheap header to throw on there until I finish with my turbo project. I'm just too impatient to be this slow until the fall:laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
I've said it before, I think any tubular header will give gains over our POS cast manifold. It's more worth it for us Si guys because we don't have stock tubular ones like the 5th gens. Although I don't know if it's worth the $300+ price tag for those babies.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ExodusFX said:
I've said it before, I think any tubular header will give gains over our POS cast manifold. It's more worth it for us Si guys because we don't have stock tubular ones like the 5th gens. Although I don't know if it's worth the $300+ price tag for those babies.
I wasn't sure if it was worth that price tag either... that's why I bought mine for $122.50 :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Fast&furiuslude said:
agreed. i noticed the largest change in 1/4 mile times with the header over any other bolt on.

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
brendon2k said:

agreed. i noticed the largest change in 1/4 mile times with the header over any other bolt on.
I'll give you that, as well. My exhaust, I hardly noticed a difference. The intake, sure, a bit. But the headers felt like they gave a good punch, all around.

J

1 - 17 of 17 Posts