Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anyone ever replaced the switch for the turn signals? i'm talkin about the enter lever mechanism, including for the head lights. i could use some tips before i go and wing it by myself. thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,908 Posts
I've pulled the combination switch a few times. It isn't very hard to get to, just pull the cover off your steering column and you will see it. You might try taking apart the switch before you replace it (unless you broke it) and cleaning the contacts on it.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
What happened to it? Did it break or is it worn out? I have never heard of one wearing out on a fairly new car.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
fmshaw1971 said:
What happened to it? Did it break or is it worn out? I have never heard of one wearing out on a fairly new car.
i dotn' now what happened. my signals just stopped working all of a sudden. the hazards still work so i'm guessin the relay's still good. everything's plugged in. :confused:

·
Registered
757 Posts
Where are the indicator "tickers" located? Are they in the steering column? One direction is quieter than the other, it might need replacing one day.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
JRSClude said:
i don't know what happened. my signals just stopped working all of a sudden. the hazards still work so i'm guessin the relay's still good. everything's plugged in. :confused:
Sorry for reviving a slightly old post, but did you get this resolved?

Mine just started doing the exact same thing this morning. Hazards work, bulbs are good, fuses are good, relay looks clean, but no directionals.

It was actually a little strange - Once last night right before I got home they tweaked out & blinked hyper-fast (like they do when a bulb is out). But I checked them before going to bed and everything worked normally - I thought it was a fluke. And then when I drove to work this morning they weren't working at all. So I tested them before I left for lunch and they worked. Used them once on my way to lunch, then they stopped & didn't work again this afternoon.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i fixed it. one of the wires underneath the dash got cut somehow. damned if i can remember what the hell it's called. all i can say is it was a red wire. i know that doesnt' help but i'm having a brain fart right now. anyway, fixed that problem and the signals work again. so i would check if any wires has been cut or disconnected. if i can remember which wire i'm talking about, i'll be sure to let you know.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Hmm. I was under there checking fuses & making sure all the harnesses were clipped in securely - didn't see anything amiss. But I'll check again I guess.

The directional/headlight stalk is only like $35 new from Majestic Honda, so that's not too bad. And I might be able to find a used one. From what it looks like in the Helms, it's a total cake job to replace (the steering column cover, 1 wiring harness, & 2 screws).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts