Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a lude to buy, this one is at the top of my list but seems a little overpriced to me, don't know that much about ludes though, your opinions are appreciated (check out the pics from the link):

It's a very well kept '97 type SH. 5spd 152K miles
Service records going back to '97!

Asking $6,000 best offer takes it!

Here's a quick list of Modifications/General Maintinence.

Mod List:
Valve Adjustment done within last 5k miles
Timing Belt/Water Pump done within last 2k miles
JDM Type-S Intake / and AEM V2 Intake
DC Rear Strut Tower Bar
Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Bar
DC Sports 4-2-1 Ceramic Header
A'PEXi RS Cat-back Exhaust
STR Cam Seals
Spoon Sports Radiator Cap

Mugen Showa Suspension
BF Goodrich KD-A2 Tires
Red Painted Brake Calipers
JDM Gunmetal Front Grille

Full Black Leather Interior
OEM Honda Carbon Fiber Trim
JDM Type-S Shift Knob
JDM Carbon Fiber Gauge Bezel
Whitefaced Gauges
Brushed Aluminum look Gauge Bezels
Keyless Entry
Alpine CDA-7894 CD/MP3 Headunit w/ Ipod hookup
Kenwood 3-Way 6x9 Rear Speakers
Pioneer/Honda Upgraded Front Woofers

Check out my Flickr page for more pictures:
97 Honda Prelude - a set on Flickr

·
Registered
599 Posts
its real clean, i dont like sh's but i say go for it. Looks like real good shape and as long as it was taking care og the mileage doesnt matter that much

·
Registered
31 Posts
I wouldn't do it... When you buy the car you love you buy it for how it was in the show room. Modified cars are sketchy and I'd rather trust a non mod with 300,000km over a modified with 150,000.

Aside from that the moment you modify your car you lose the face value of the car. It won't be worth anything...

In the end its your decision.

I didn't see the pictures at first... I take that back at least for the most part.. that Prelude is Mint!. The changes that were made are minor and can be converted back. I purchased my car for 7,000 and its a base model. So that is not a bad price. Hell that car looks like my car lol. Except for the rims and the dash...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't see the pictures at first... I take that back at least for the most part.. that Prelude is Mint!. The changes that were made are minor and can be converted back. I purchased my car for 7,000 and its a base model. So that is not a bad price. Hell that car looks like my car lol. Except for the rims and the dash...
lol yea that's why i said to check out the pictures....but i know what you're saying about the mods, i feel the same way. This guy also has an NSX that's in even better shape so i'm guessing he's into cars and knows how to take care of them....i've narrowed it down to two choices, either the one above, or this one....

"99 Honda Prelude with 5 speed and 110000 miles on it. New timing belt and water pump,newer tires with custom wheels,rear spoiler,tinted window and more,the car has rebuilt title due to minor accident,rear quater panel and pass door were replaced. Car has no rust or dents. Looks and runs excelent.$5900. I bought this car from body shop in Elmhurst and they told me that passanger door and rear quater panel was replaced. All the factory stckers matches except for those 2 panels. Car looks and drives exc, Here are few pics. Interior is nice and clean, everything works,clutch is perfect and so are the brakes, 2 front tires are brand new and 2 rears with 70 % tread life all the same brand. Timing belt, water pump and all the engine seals were replaced by friend of mine with all Honda OEM Parts that i purchased on line. I should have recept for all the parts.I dont see any frame rust."

currently leaning towards the black one...my brother is gonna test drive this silver/blue one today...

·
Registered
99 Posts
I say go for the black one. Please try and avoid vehicles with salvaged titles as much as possible and as lilbill said mileage doesnt matter once these cars are regularly serviced and maintained.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Mod List:

JDM Type-S Intake / and AEM V2 Intake
DC Rear Strut Tower Bar
Neuspeed Front Strut Tower Bar
DC Sports 4-2-1 Ceramic Header
A'PEXi RS Cat-back Exhaust
Spoon Sports Radiator Cap
Mugen Showa Suspension
JDM Gunmetal Front Grille
OEM Honda Carbon Fiber Trim
JDM Type-S Shift Knob
assuming these are all true, they alone are half the value of the car. :eek:
pretending he bought them all at MSRP, and that they didnt depreciate.

edit: nothing up there is anything really special except the showa suspension. that alone can account for almost a third.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alrite i like what i'm reading, gonna pick up the black one as soon as i get a chance...stupid work....will post update soon hopefully...oh n the dude said he's sellin the nsx also on ebay lol. said he's a mechanic that's why its so well maintained.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jus got back from a test drive...the heat wasn't workin cuz the cable that connects the temp control to the valve or whatever was disconnected. hard to concentrate on a test drive on a february night in chicago when the heat dont work lol. i drove a little and there was this clanking noise coming from driver front axle. looked under the car and the sway bar link (i think its called) was disconnected, just hanging there. The guy was apologetic and said he would take care of the issues and get back to me. other than that everything looked good to me. interior was exactly like the pics. very small spot on front of hood where paint was bubbling a lil from rust i guess. size of a penny i would say

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well if those are your only issues then your laughing ;) Besides come to Canada I'll show you want real cold is! :) If your not sure about the car you should do a carfax report on that car using the VIN to make sure it wasn't a wreck that machanic put back together.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I would definitely try to get a better price than $6,000 since it has some high miles and it's been modified. Maybe $5,250???

·
Registered
60 Posts
That black SH is awesome. All the mods are SO NICE (tasteful) and are worth a lot money. They would seriously make up for more 50% of the price of that car if you would part it out. 6k is a complete steal, but of course negotiate still. Buy!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts