Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im not really sure but i think its around the airfilter/battery. somewhere under there. i heard from somewhere that u need to take out the front bumper to get to it, correct me if im wrong.

·
Lurkist
4,861 Posts
It's a 'snorkel-type' tube that runs underneath the airbox. It's been a while, but I believe there's a butterfly valve associated w/ it as well. Pull the airbox assembly and remove the resonator from it.

You'll know exactly what you need to remove as soon as you see it.

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
To remove it... Peel back the liner in the fender (it was already removed in this pic)

And the turn signals, and the liner on the bottom:

And this is it:

Without it, you end up with this:

There's 2 or 3 bolts holding it on... There's probably a thread somewhere on here about removing it with more detailed instructions. Its easy to remove and you don't need to take off the bumper.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
do u "have" to remove the turn signals for it to come out? approx. how long shud this all take for a noob? do u pull it out from the underside by the fender, or under the airbox?

·
Unregistered
4,054 Posts
Yea I believe that one or more bolts can only be removed with the turn signals... I did that 7+ years ago, so I don't really remember :laugh:

Its easy. If you can turn a wrench, you can remove it. And yea, it comes out of the bottom. Oh, there is a vacuum line that you need to cap. It goes to the butterfly valve on the resonator

1 - 10 of 10 Posts