Honda Prelude Online banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my 96' prelude and i am thinking about getting better speakers because the ones that came with the car kinda suck. i know how to get to the rear speakers but i dont know exactly how to get the door pannel off to get to the speakers in the door. anyone know how?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think they are just clips go get a panel tool or w.e theyre called, it should work. then when you get inside the panel its all easy from ther, pretty simple, i havnt dun that to my doors yet, when i got my 92 lude it had no speakers in it at all. I only have 2 rear ones and one of them doesnt sit in the hole right, I cant put the speaker covers over them.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just did this to my 93. You have to undo the screws in the door handle and at the bottom and pop off the cover by the side mirror. Then you should be able to pull the door apart from the bottom. I think that's it.

·
Vroooom
633 Posts
Pull the triangular trim piece closest to the dash board. No screws attached, it pulls off with a flathead screw driver (be careful not to damage anything). One screw behind door handle (to open from inside), one screw in handle where you grab the door to close it. Pull both of these trim pieces out, disconnecting the window/lock wires while doing so. You may have to shimmy the trim piece around the actual door handle to get it off. One screw in the door jam, and one screw on bottom rear corner of door. Once these are off, carefully use a flathead screw driver (preferably a long one) to pry the BOTTOM of the door panel off. There should be 4-5 clips that pop out on the bottom, and 2-3 on the rear side of the door. Now, carefully pull up on the panel to release it from the top of the door/window area.

Some of the clips might stay in the door itself. Pull them out with a wrench and put them back on the door panel before putting the door panel back on the car.

Use 6.5" speakers, and keep the spacer that the stock speakers are screwed into. Screw your new speakers into the spacer.

·
Registered
26 Posts
best description that i've seen to date just up above. works well...
did this to my car recently, should take about a half hour to forty five minutes for each door both to put on and take off.

makes quite a diff. in the end, for the longest time my car only had sound comig from the back because the rear speakers were over powering the worn out ones on the front.
also, i think that the acoustics of the prelude just tend to have more sound come out of the back than the front :S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts